Followers

Monday, January 10, 2022

Blast Of Winter (and other stuff)

We had our first major winter storm of the year and it was pretty wild with very strong winds...and snow...lots of it!! It was what is known as a Nor'Easter!   The winds caused the snow to drift and visibility was nil...with plows being pulled off the roads for a few hours...and the Confederation Bridge shut down to all vehicles (and that doesn't happen often)....but with 0 visibility....where did anyone want to go?

There photos were taken in the morning...before the snow began about an hour or so afterwards....


Liesel & I even got out for our morning walk...the calm before the storm....as you can see we had very little snow.  Someone is adorable in her double knit red sweater!!


Fast forward twenty four hours...and it's like a different world!  Winds blew so hard...our house literally shook!!




And at the back of the house....before...


And after....quite a large snow drift...yet in some areas you can still see grass...


So first snow storm of 2022 is in the books!  Thankfully we did not lose our power...but it was out in some areas of the Island.  We were fully prepared with sandwiches & snacks prepared a head of time....and we stayed cozied up by the wood pellet stove.

Mr. Seventies had cleared off the steps, decks and walkways...



The back walk cleared and an area for Liesel is off to the right...where there is very little snow....very hard to get around when your paws are only 3" high!!



The new bed frame is tentatively scheduled to be delivered January 20, 2022.  I still have this duvet set in my linen closet and plan to use it on the bed...(the spool bed frame is white)...and I have a set of white pillow shams I will use as well....

We are in need of new mattress protectors...I checked at Wal Mart...but found nothing suitable...so ordered these ones on line...for the master bedroom....I ordered this one.  It's similar to the one we currently have on the bed...but after many washings...the elastic on the corners is beginning to wear....


And decided to replace the one in the guest bedroom as well.....


Switching gears...I've been in need of a warm knitted hat.  The ones I have are either too loosely knit to be of any warmth, too thin or my favourite one is looking extremely ratty!!  I searched and found this beautiful Merino Wool cap & love the oatmeal colour...and cannot wait for it to arrive!  I wear hats mostly when I'm walking with Liesel...


And naturally, I found this amazing corduroy jacket on the same website...and love how unique that it buttons down the side...and it looks so warm and cosy for walking.  Both hat & jacket were ordered from Madewell...my first time ordering with them....(not sponsored btw)....





And...I stumbled upon a Griptstand bowl on FB Marketplace!  The seller is located close by & I'm picking it up this afternoon!!  I'm happy to be adding another one to my collection...(not pictured is the bottom of the bowl which is stamped TG Green, England, it is an authentic gripstand bowl)  as is each one in my collection.  This one measures 11" round...so is a good size with no cracks or chips!!  Score!!




With Covid cases on the rise here...I've been avoiding the stores...but did manage to get out a few days ago & will share pics of my findings later in the week.  

That is all the news from here for now.  Did anyone else get walloped by old man winter lately?  Still lots more of winter to come!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  Stay safe wherever you are!





2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Charlotte - so sorry to hear about your Nor'easter. Here is Calgary we have tons of snow and have just come out of 2 1/2 weeks of an artic vortex so I can totally relate. Poor Liesel. Hope your snow melts soon and I must check out those mattress protectors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! And welcome...it's wonderful to have you visit! I love Calgary...and oh those Rockies!! The mattress protectors I ordered from Amazon...selection is limited here. Enjoyed catching up on your blog!! Pls. visit me again!!

    ReplyDelete