Followers

Friday, January 28, 2022

Early Valentine Gift

I was chatting with Mr. Seventies....and in conversation I mentioned the velvet bench for my vanity room.  And after considerable thought...I decided it was perfect and planned to pick it up.   I even showed him photos on my phone...to give him an idea of what I intended to purchase.

To my surprise...he stated it would be an early Valentine present from him to me!  Heck, ya!   Beats roses (although I do love those too) any day!!  As I was heading to Home Sense...I was hoping the bench I wanted would still be there...as they had two in my preferred colour!

As I rounded the corner, in the store....my heart sank.  The only bench on display was a dark, olive green one.  I had left my decision too long....that's the way it is at Home Sense.  Second thoughts do not guarantee second chances.  Since I was in the store...I decided to browse about...and around the corner...up on a shelf no less...look what if found!!



I was doing such a happy dance...(in my head, of course)!  It was meant to be!!  It was sitting next to a navy one...which I liked as well...but it was much smaller....



Sometimes...the stars line up....and things work out as they were meant to be!  It was early evening when Mr. Seventies brought it in from our vehicle and set it in my room...I snapped a couple of quick photos...lighting is not great... 



I need to centre it on the rug and under neath the window a bit better....but I am loving it!!  And it matches with the colours in the rug!   Since the room was painted and new base mouldings and lighting installed, I haven't done much more with the room.  I've been waiting to find that just right piece.  A couple of other small decor items are needed...my neighbour and I plan to scope out the new home decor store that opened a few days ago.  Maybe I will find a couple of pieces there....


And the walking boots I ordered arrived and they are so comfortable!  I couldn't be happier...they are easy to slip on & off....have great traction and are just what I was searching for.  Due to the cold temperatures, Liesel and I haven't had gotten much walking time in...but I've worn them out & about...and give them two thumbs up.  They are Clark's if anyone is interested....leather outer...and while not lined...I'm able to wear a thicker sock and my feet are toasty warm....


Another thing I picked up, while at Home Sense...was an adorable mug.  There was only one...I'm hopeful they will bring in another...so I can gift one to each daughter.   Oh that Karma...she's a witty one!!


And how about my adorable Valentine nails?  I have a new nail tech...and she is an absolute doll!!  I show her photos of what I have in mind...and she is game for anything!!



And....it's almost the weekend!  You know what that means, right?   Another winter storm is forecasted!!  It's been a couple of weeks...so let's end January with yet another Nor'easter!  This one predicting more rain & ice pellets....along with snow and winds.  So a real mess is headed our way!  The weatherman is predicting we will get less snow than other parts of the Island.. I'm going to hold him to it!

Have a great weekend where you are and thanks for stopping by!  Take care of one another & stay safe out there!!  Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment