Followers

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Never Been A Fan...

Of draperies or curtains...I'm just not.  I've mentioned that before....I prefer the ease of shutters...super easy to wipe down...and once installed...they are low maintenance.  I'm not certain how it happened....but it has!  I give you Exhibit A.....swoon...


These are gorgeous curtain panels....that co-ordinate with my new bedding (which is on order btw...).  One issue I've had with curtains...as they are sold in basically two lengths...63" or 84".  Does little good if you need them longer.  Enter custom curtains from Etsy!!    I was able to measure the bedroom window, determine where I need the rod to hang so the hems just kiss the floor...and poof...just like that I have custom curtain panels ordered!  (90 inches in length)!!  If you are a curtain clip lover...(I am not)...you can use them to hang...but I wanted rod pocket...and am so excited to have them ordered.  And a little nervous...as curtains aren't really my thing.  But these...so scrumptious...I can't even!  

I did not order them lined...as the shutters will be remaining and lined curtains would darken the room too much!  I can't believe I'm actually putting curtains up!  Just in the main bedroom though..not going to go all crazy.  These are custom order....wait time is 2-3 weeks...then there is shipping time on top of that...but they may come earlier than anticipated...

And I plan to use a white rod...3-4" down from the ceiling...and about 3" beyond the window frame on each side...

This one...from Amazon...should suffice.  Although I found one one Bed Bath & Beyond I truly love...but it's about $22 more...and it's just a curtain rod, right?

I keep hearing the saying, in my head.."You don't swallow the elephant...then choke on it's tail"!   Which kinda means...now is not the time to cheap out on a simple curtain rod...

One from Amazon....fully serviceable....



And this one from Bed Bath & Beyond...which has door knob ends...and in satin white...(with attachment hardware)....



How can a simple thing such as a curtain rod cause so much indecision?  Now you see one of the reasons I have never been a fan of curtains!  

I have a hinky feeling in my gut...I'll likely have to go with option # 2.  But I have time to mull it over yet. 

In other news...we are beginning to see a bit of improvement in Liesel's condition...she is able to put a little weight on the paw...but it still on rest and pain medications...

And the odd snuggle time on the sofa with Mama...she is my velcro dog.  Keeping her penned up without physical contact will just not do....her comfort is of the utmost importance to us.

It's in the eyes....such contentment and adoration....


Snow flurries here (ugh) a bit...then changing to rain showers!  Spring in our area...is just a day on the calendar!  We are a long way from winter being over...but I'm so craving some real florals!!  I long for the days when I can stroll the gardens and pick a beautiful bouquet!  

Have an amazing day where ever you are & thanks so much for stopping by!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment