Followers

Thursday, March 17, 2022

A Few New Finds

I was emptying the dishwasher a few days ago...and took notice of how crappy, old, mis-matched & stained our cutlery is!  Some came from the Dollar store...or thrift shop.  Yeah...kinda gross when you think you could be eating off long deceased Grannie Fanny's forks!! Funny how you just don't take notice of the little things & only concentrate on the bigger things!

I can't tell you how long we've had this mish-mash of eating utensils!  But we are long over due for an upgrade.  I think this 40 piece set is a good place to start...they will be suitable for everyday use...I love the shape and semi flatness of the handles.   If need be I'll order a second set...but for now I think these will work great.  Do real people actually use the salad/dessert fork?  I know we don't...but maybe that says a lot about us...



It's the little things!  Things that irritate....like having no where to hang your dishtowel!  Our wall oven door handle is enclosed and on the side...and there are no other handles on any of our appliances.  I didn't want anything fancy or something that would take up space...so opted for a good old towel ring!  Mr. Seventies can install it on the inside of a cupboard door...under the sink.  Far too long it has bugged me that I had no place to hang my dishtowel!  This one is available on Amazon...any hardware store carries them as well.  I can't tell you how excited I am to get something so simple as a towel ring!



I was propped up in bed the other night....browsing Michael's website.  Because that is what normal people do.  And they just happen to have a BOGO sale going on right now....I've been loving on this for a while...for the bedroom refresh.  It's a good size as well...11"x 30".  Put it in my cart for store pick up the next day....

And since my second item would be "free"....I love this pretty piece...from their French Chateau collection.  (sounds so fancy). They have a variety of decor collections,  Honey Bee,  Spring Refresh, Very Berry and Heritage Home.  This vintage ballerina wall piece is 11" x 16"..... I chose it as my "free" piece....just because I guess. 

I happen to be in Wal Mart...and in one small area...were three cramped shelves of Easter tableware and decor.  So small....most walk by without taking notice....our store here is pretty sad.  As I've mentioned many times.  They really push people towards ordering from their website....and focus more on the grocery side of things....

I was in tight quarters...with an employee scanning on the aisle directly behind me...so I wasn't able to get many photos...but chose a few things I thought were so pretty.....table runners, oven mitts, adorable salt & pepper shaker set.....and I almost picked up the tulip spoon rest....


There were other pieces of dinnerware and plates....but I couldn't get more photos....I now had two employees scanning behind me.  How pretty these would be, with the matching running on a table set for Easter dinner?  



I did pick up this adorable carrot spoon rest...I'm drawn to vibrant colours...no secret.  Mr. Seventies was happy to see it...as he shared he never has anyplace to rest a spoon when at the countertop range!  Who new?  It's not just for Easter...we'll  use all year long.   Again...it's the little things....



I ended up ordering cushion fillers on Wal Mart's website.  While I have 18" x 18" ones to use in the main bedroom....I needed two of the 20" x 20" size. (for the covers I intend to use).   And since there were none in store...I ordered online & had shipped to the store.  

Liesel has been able to go for neighbourhood walks again without any signs of discomfort.  That is promising...but we are still trying to curb her jumping.  But...sometimes she just has to be a dog.  Later next week I will book a veterinary appointment for a second x-ray...and hoping the "hazy" area of her left front leg...turns out to be nothing or has disappeared. 

Going to spend today making it a great one!  I hope you have the same!!

No comments:

Post a Comment