Followers

Friday, March 25, 2022

Busy Week!!

I'm so happy it is Friday...it's been a busy week of appointments...crammed into three days.  Monday started off with the SUV in the garage for an oil change....and investigation of a rattle in the back end.  Turns out it needs two "bushings"....and there are none to be found....in any of the Maritime provinces.  They are on back order...so our name has been "added to the list".  Whenever they come in...we will get the old ones replaced. 

I had a massage appointment directly following the appointment at the garage.  Sounds relaxing...it isn't.  Although the massage gives relief...I'm usually sore for days following.  I can hear the "poor baby" thoughts now...lol. 

Tuesday....Liesel's vet appointment and x-ray went well.  Her range of motion in her front legs (which both show arthritis) is currently great...no soreness detected.  We were prescribed pain medication in the event she has another flare up....to give her relief sooner.  This osteoarthritis...as in humans...will be an ongoing issue....but we hope to manage it & keep her comfortable.  Walks are to be shorter in duration...

In the afternoon...the heat pump technician arrived and to my disappointment the wall at the end of the hallway is too narrow for the vent to be installed there. (vent has to be ducted to an exterior wall).   Mr. Seventies & I discussed our only option....and it will be installed in the family room...on the wall to the right of the fireplace.  Not of fan of that placement...as the vents are ugly in my opinion.

But when it's 32 degrees and humid this summer....it won't look so ugly!   The province kicks in a $1200 rebate...and Mitsubishi (manufacturer of the heat pump) is giving $275 Visa cards for pumps installed in April!  April 5th is when our install is scheduled.  Win-win.

And Wednesday morning...this happened.  I won't go into the details...suffice to say it will be better in the long run.  I was instructed to sit with my feet up for the next 5 days.....I've taken that advice to heart & done exactly that.  


Prior to the procedure...I was fitted with new orthotics.  This orthotic sits mostly in the heel of my footwear...and seem really comfortable.  Sitting on my tukus for the past couple of days has given me the opportunity to shop for summer sandals...ones recommended by the podiatrist.  These are Propet brand...leather and new were $43 cheaper on E Bay... even with shipping.    If I like these and they are comfortable...I may get a brown pair as well.  Another recommendation was Birkenstocks....I have two pair...so I am set for them.  

These are the ones I ordered...the colour is called Denim....and orthotic friendly.  I prefer to have open toe sandals...but I'll give these a go.  They are for casual wear...which works for me. 



Freezing rain warning in effect here for today....another reason to stick close to home. 

Hope you have an awesome weekend!  Last week of March coming up...that much closer to summer!







No comments:

Post a Comment