Followers

Monday, March 7, 2022

Come Browse With Me & Upcoming Birthday Gift

I did a little browisng around the stores last week...lots of Easter and spring decor to be found.  I picked up the curtain rod for the main bedroom...and decided to take a stroll around Bed Bath & Beyond...first item I spotted was a pretty egg wreath...price tag was a bit much at $50!



In my opinion, stock has not changed in that store for ages!  There was a time when they sold beautiful bedding, decorator cushions...and I loved seeing all the new & beautiful pieces.  Now...it's a store I seldom visit.  There is a "clearance" section...where nothing piqued my interest except this large pumpkin.  I considered it for the hearth...but upon inspection discovered it was styrofoam...and some of the orange bits on the back side...had flaked off.  Too bad...as it would be suitable for indoor use, a generous size ....yet still carried a $24 price tag!  On clearance....


I just have to share the mini waffle makers though!  How adorable for fall is this pumpkin one?


This one makes delicious looking mini bundt cakes!  Great for mini desserts!


And as much as I love these beautiful ceramic candles...they too were over priced at $26 each...


After picking up the curtain rod...I took a quick peruse around Home Sense...I'm not much for Easter decor...but a couple of things caught my eye!  I'm crushing on this particular wreath.  Easter weather in our area can be just an extension of winter...and if I hung this on the front door....it would blow off in a heartbeat.  Unless I only hung it out on mild days...with no wind.  Hard days to come by.  And it's still winter here....in April. 



The second item to squish my heart... an adorable driving bunny!  Carrying a sweet Easter egg!   I do have such a weakness for bunnies...


And I've been thinking about this throw since I saw it!  (strangely enough there were three of them).  Are the colours not perfect for the family room?  It's very lightweight...but so pretty!


How adorable are these dogs beds?  I so wanted to get a pink one for Liesel.....but thought better of it...as she would likely tear it to shreds!  With something this big...the temptation would be too great.  We've tried beds in the past with her....it never ends well...for the bed.


It was even available in a gray colour...


Then daughter and I hit up a couple of thrift stores.....I was on the look out for a neck roll cushion.  I planned to remove the cover....and make a new cover with fabric I've had for ages....and a roll of ribbon I picked up for $1!  The neck roll was only $3 and it washed & dried just fine.   I don't sew...but have some no sew binding that works perfect for projects such as this!   I plan to use this as a decorator cushion in the main bedroom...


And....my oldest daughter has gifted me a tattoo sitting!  (yes...I have a few of them).   This particular one I shared with her...and she decided it would make a beautiful birthday gift for her Mama!  She even booked the appointment...in May.  The shop is insanely busy...but May is a perfect time...before pool season...as it is not feasible to swim in chlorine with a freshly inked tattoo!  

I am so excited to be getting this done on my left hand.  Originally I was not having the pinky finger done...but I may decide to go ahead.  It will depend on how easy it is for the medical bandage to be adhered. 



This was my very first ankle tattoo....done about 15 years ago.  I think it speaks for itself...my love of dachshunds!


I suffered two major losses in 2016...a daughter and sister...both to cancer.  This infinity tattoo represents unending love and closure.  This tattoo is very special.....


I suffered loss again...in the fall of 2019 of my best friend....and this beautiful heart represents beloved memories of her...


I also have pink heart shaped paw prints on one shoulder and back....as not every tattoo represents a loss!  The beautiful one on my hand...is just because it is beautiful.   And a cherished gift from my daughter....

This week will be spent helping with care for our grand daughter!  The Early Learning Center she attends is closed...due to a Covid exposure!   We cannot believe this little tyke will soon be having a second birthday!   With nasty weather yesterday, we didn't get to spending our usual Sunday dinner together...so this is a real treat!  The weather looks great...so plan to enjoy some strolls around their neighbourhood!

Hoping you have an awesome day!  And thanks for spending a bit of your time with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment