Followers

Monday, March 21, 2022

Happy Spring!!

It's been really feeling like spring here the last week or so...the snow is melting!  I'm hoping the mild weather continues! (I just noticed....it's flurrying outside....ugh!!!)

My curtain panels have shipped & are headed my way!   I'll check on their progression later today...with the tracking number.  Cannot wait to get everything pulled together.  Mr. Seventies hung the lanterns...and I am loving them!  I switched out the flowers for some pretty hydrangea...the lights have about eight different settings which can be changed with a remote...and they are also on a timer!


I scored a deal on FB Marketplace for two Gripstand bowls to add to my collection!  Introducing #12 & #13!  Mr. Seventies & I spent an afternoon washing all my bowls, wiping off the top of the cabinets & cleaning out all the cabinets & wiping them down inside and out!  An early start to spring cleaning.   And in doing so...now have two boxes to donate to the Mission Store.   These bowls are true TG Green Gripstand bowls...made in England...as are all my bowls...


The flatware arrived...and the towel ring is installed under the kitchen sink.   And the cabinets are sparkling clean and organized.

I  picked up a couple of new much needed stoneware baking dishes....using a 20% off coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond...


Today is my birthday!!  We had an awesome celebration with my daughter and family last evening...and after a delicious meal & birthday cupcakes (lovingly made by my son-in-law)....I was gifted three pieces of Mason's Pink Vista pieces from Mr. Seventies!  I have quite a collection of this stoneware...and was so happy to add a few more.

What is wonderful about this pattern....older pieces are still available...such as these, along with pieces that have been produced more recently.  And there is a huge choice of pieces... I never tire of discovering ones I've not seen or been gifted before!  I would need a huge display case to showcase all the pieces I have....



Daughter must have read my mind when she picked up a few more baking dishes for me...these are great for cooking or baking smaller meals...


And an assortment of cozy warm socks & a large jar of Moroccan Oil Body Butter...one of my favourites!


Remember this tattoo I fell in love with?  My second daughter gifted me the appointment to have it done in May!  My girls know me only too well...and what I truly love (besides them).....this design will be going on my left arm and hand.  May is the perfect time of year....before pool season!!  (new ink needs about 3 weeks to set before going in chlorine)...



And this little tyke was on hand to provide the evening's entertainment!  A zillion toys scattered about...but playing with bubble wrap was a lot more fun!!  She had been practicing  "Happy Birthday Mimi" song all week....and pulled it off beautifully!!  


I am truly blessed to have such an amazing family and life!  I do not take one minute of it for granted.  

I've decided this little table needs a make over!  I'm not loving the look...and want to change it up for the front entry.  If time permits I plan to browse the paint colours at the hardware store today.   It's the perfect size for our narrow and small space...but could use a bit of sprucing up.  Mr. Seventies has offered to give it a couple of coats of fresh paint in whatever colour I chose.  


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope your day is amazing and if you are celebrating with me today....Happy Birthday to you as well!!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene! Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes! And so glad you enjoy reading my blog...it means a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charlotte. I'm definitely behind on blogging lately, but I wanted to wish you a happy (belated) birthday and hope you had a great day! So glad that sweet puppy is feeling better, and I'd be terrified to get a tattoo. But enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim!! Thank you for the birthday wishes...you are so very thoughtful. Don't be afraid of getting a tattoo...it's nothing like people think it is. I describe it as writing on your skin...you feel a burning sensation...but it isn't constant. :)

    ReplyDelete