Followers

Thursday, May 19, 2022

An Afternoon Outing With My BFF

Liesel and I took in a bit of retail therapy.....she's not a huge fan of being in strange places so we didn't go for too long.   She does enjoy seeing all the different sights...of course her favourite being the car ride....

Most of the stores here...with the exception of grocery stores....allow and encourage dogs....so we love to visit those places....see how excited she is??


Maybe excited is not the correct description....but she does like to look about...and people always stop and chat with us.....she is pretty adorable, after all....


Most decor collections were BOGO....not my favourite sale....but fun to check it out just the same...wow...I'm loving this truck in pink.  I'm not sure if the faux flower stems were included or if someone placed them in the back....



I love the non traditional truck colours (red is the most common)...so pretty for the spring and summer seasons!


This wall piece is from the same collection I have in our master bedroom.....so pretty....our tulips are in full bloom....I'll share a bouquet I picked....



I almost picked up this adorable glass container....the lid closes tightly & it would be perfect for holding bath salts.  I ended up not purchasing anything as there was quite a line up at the check out....and I suspected my shopping pal would be ready to leave soon....


And this piece....did not come with the faux flowers as they were priced separate....but I'm crushing hard on it.   You could put any seasonal decor in it....or even a faux plant.....




We took a few minutes and perused around Home Sense....and found some pretty things....this beautiful pitcher would be perfect for mixing up cold drinks this summer....


And some Rae Dunn goodness available...I typically lean towards the fall and Christmas Rae Dunn pieces...but these cookie jars are so nice....


And who doesn't love gnomes?  And gnome cookie jars even better.  I almost purchased one....not for cookies....but for storing Liesel's biscuits!!  I may pick one up if any are still available....


And I thought these lamps were awesome...very different from the typical base and shade style....


No trip to Home Sense would be complete without checking out the pet section....Liesel in particular was very interested in this toy basket....(we have three filled already)....and usually her toys are strewn about the floor most days...


By this time she was getting antsy and I didn't want to push my luck....so we decided it was time to head home.....

It was such a beautiful day....once home I picked a few tulips....there are so many more colours, shapes and sizes yet to bloom...


Look what I scored on FB Marketplace!!  I think this wall plug, which holds a wax melt...has been discontinued so I quickly messaged the seller....made an offer & she accepted.  I've seen these on eBay selling for $70 or more....plus shipping.  And I paid less than half that....so I'm pretty happy to have been able to pick this up.  I like that it plugs in & takes up no counter space.....the wax melt sits on top....


Besides our outing this week....the SUV went to the garage... the annual inspection was due.  It  needs a couple of parts....one is covered under the warranty....and four new tires are on order for install in early June & the remaining parts needed will be replaced at the same time. 

I set up an appointment with the dealership to have the part installed next week....(the part is needed to pass inspection).  Since it is covered under the warranty....the dealership is responsible for the install.  I have to say the garage we now take the SUV to & the dealership have given us exceptional customer service.  It was the mechanic who advised the part needed was likely covered by the warranty & he called the dealership to inquire.  Customer service is everything!   

Thanks so much for spending time with me!  I hope you have an awesome day...and if you are in Canada...Happy Victoria Day weekend!  The weather here is forecast to be sun, sun & more sun!  Might be a good time to stain the decks!!








No comments:

Post a Comment