Followers

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Spring Cleaning

I've been puttering the past couple of days....getting some spring cleaning done.  Windows were first on my list...most are now done...with the exception for the larger ones in the family room.  That takes Mr. Seventies on a ladder....so the next overcast day & he is available....we will get that done. 

Today I stripped the bedding....the mattress and pillow protectors...as well as our feather pillows themselves.  I partially dry the pillows in the dryer....then set them on clean towels on the deck in the sun....flipping them from time to time.  Nothing more antiseptic than the sun!  

I sprinkled baking soda on the mattress & gave it a through vacuuming.  The protectors are drying on the line...I currently have the bedroom windows open to allow fresh air in the room.  

Years ago, when I was working in Health...I read numerous materials on dust mites...and it grossed me out...to know what happens in our mattresses!  Which is the #1 reason I truly dislike hotels and B & B's!  I don't care to sleep in a bed where hundreds...or more people have also slept.  It's just a hang up I have!  I'm a bit retentive about my sleeping quarters.  Maybe a bit of TMI perhaps...lol. 

I'm going to test out a pair of thong Birkenstocks.  I'm hoping the thong itself is long...as I don't want any chafing or rubbing...so fingers (or toes) crossed...these are the ones I chose...the colour is called tobacco...

Time to get everything off the line & pull the bed together.  Liesel & I have a grocery order to pick up later this afternoon...we enjoyed a stroll around the neighbourhood earlier.  

Have you started or finished your spring cleaning?  


No comments:

Post a Comment