Followers

Monday, September 12, 2022

Fall In The Family Room

We've been enjoying gorgeous weather as of late...and evening fires in the fire pit!  And with it getting darker earlier...we've also noticed a few leaves are starting to change colours!  I look forward to cooler autumn days.  When not outside, we light a few scented candles and put a fall scenic video on. the tv....


I remembered this adorable cushion in my linen closet from Pier 1 in Moncton.  So sad it closed....it was one of my favourite stores...




A couple of cushions on the sofa...one says "Fall Harvest" and the other "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers" from Anne of Green Gables!   So fitting....since we live only a few miles from there!  



I love the pumpkin garland across the mantle...and Mr. Seventies favourite football wreath "It's Fall...Play Ball"....and I set a basket of colourful pumpkins near the hearth.    And my little dachshund witch in front of the stack of pumpkins.....



The spooky ghost eyes light up....and I set a candle in the pumpkin and burn in the evenings....


My second cauldron with "bubbles" a brewing....


A few pieces I had on hand as well...my scarecrow tart warmer I picked up last year...Pumpkin Spice wax melts smell amazing.....


A good spot to set my Night Fright pumpkins....and a couple of creepy friends...


So that's how we do fall in our home!  I dropped into Winners the other day (since it's in the mall I seldom go there...but glad I did on this day).  They had a great selection of fall cushions....but you had to really look to find them....


This detailed one was my favourite....love the ghosts....


And this one was adorable....love the cat theme...


And furry pumpkins....


And this heavy weighted wooden bucket of pumpkins....was so heavy.  Would be perfect for outdoors....you wouldn't have to worry about strong winds knocking it over!!


We attended a dachshund event in Cavendish over the weekend!  The first annual Wienerpalooza...so many dachshunds in one spot!!  This little pie bald....Brute....I could have smuggled him home with me!!  Is he not the most adorable little guy??  He & his parents live in Summerside!


Doxies came from all over the maritimes....here's an adorable meet & greet...


Liesel did really well....she was content to sniff her way around...and everyone had a great time....


We didn't stay too long...as the day was full sun and there was virtually no shaded areas...we did pick up a couple bags of dog treats from vendors at the event.  There were wiener races, costume events, silent auction and barbecue....to raise funds for dachshund rescue....


On the way home we stopped for a quick visit to admire the waves at Cavendish Beach....it was really windy.  Dogs are not permitted on the beaches in the national parks...so we weren't able to walk with Liesel sadly....


There were a lot of people in the park....mostly on bicycles...and a few on the beach enjoying the views.  I'm likely one of a handful of people who is not a fan of the beach or salt water.  Some find it peaceful....it gives me the opposite affect...

This weather this week looks to be cooling down....as are the over night temps.  We're planning a few days getaway in October...to drive around the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton.  We are going to take the ferry from eastern PEI to Nova Scotia...and have accommodations (pet friendly) booked and hope we have good weather...and not rain the whole time.  The leaves will be at their peak...we should see some beautiful sights!!

Thanks for spending time with me today!  I'll be over at Between Naps on the Porch later today...sharing on  Metamorphosis Monday.



2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, I love your family room decked for fall and with just a touch of spooky Halloween delights to come! The pillow from Pier 1 is adorable and it almost looks like its from their Park Avenue puppies series. It sounds like you are feeling better and I hope you get fabulous weather for your mini-vacation. Take care over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! Great to hear from you...thank you for your sweet words! Hope things are well on your side of the country!!

    ReplyDelete