Followers

Friday, September 2, 2022

Wellness Journey Update & Covid

 


Just a bit of an update on our journey to wellness....and ironically we are having spaghetti today!  We made changes to our diet....just about three weeks ago!  Both Mr. Seventies & I were feeling terrible...he was having stomach issues....and I was packing on the weight.

I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes five years ago...it should have been important to take better care of myself.  And I have two coronary stents and heart disease.  Diabetes & heart disease go hand in hand.  And both are genetic in my family DNA.  

We have been following a proper food plan...and I test my blood sugars daily (after not doing so for a couple of years).  I'm happy to report my levels are within the normal range for being diabetic...that in itself...is a miracle!  One I won't take for granted again.  Testing keeps me on track...and "honest" my doctor says.  White carbs are one of the culprits that can wreak havoc on my blood sugars...so everything is whole wheat...and we've cut back on those.  Potatoes is another issue...so 1-2 times a week is what I can tolerate. 

I've lost 9 lbs so far....and Mr. Seventies stomach problems have all but disappeared.  So...I think we are on the right track.  

Even with contracting Covid...I have managed to stay the course.  (Mr. Seventies still showing no symptoms and testing negative).  Other than isolating and not being able to walk daily...I'm still doing well.  I had a terrible, hacking cough...and a couple of nights where I was fevered & chills...but am thankful we had two vaccines and two boosters.  I suspect the outcome might have been worse had we not done so. 

Once my tests show negative for Covid....I'll feel comfortable getting out & about again.  Not to mention feeling better myself.  

Mr. Seventies plans to set the pool to drain!  We were in for quick dips yesterday...but the nights are going to cool down and it's a challenge to keep the water temperature warm enough....I prefer 25-26 degrees Celsius...and we won't be getting those temps from here on in. 

If I feel better after Labor Day....I plan to pack up summer clothes, bring out warmer wear....and go through my fall/Halloween decor and start to decorate.  I've been watching for potted Mums to go on sale...I'd like a couple for the steps. 

Have a safe & awesome Labor Day weekend!!  Enjoy your family & loved ones!!


No comments:

Post a Comment