Followers

Monday, September 11, 2023

Main Bath Refresh

Mr. Seventies has been busy the past few days painting the main bath.  It was in much need of freshening up....and a bit of prep work was required....(towel bar, light fixture, wall plug covers were all removed)....





It's been about five years since we did a full bath renovation....and it was time to say good-bye to the teal walls....


I felt the door had "yellowed" when in fact when we replaced all the mouldings and added mouldings to the doors....they were painted a creamier white than the white in the bath....


The new paint colour (remember...it costs $107 or so for the gallon)....is Behr Milkweed Pod....and I'm very happy with the results.  It didn't take long to chose this colour....it was the second one I actually looked at....my first choice I felt was much too dark....


I'll only share a couple of sneak peek photos....as Mr. Seventies only finished the second coat late yesterday afternoon....


Rather than go with one of the cabinets I posted earlier, at Home Depot....I ordered this white shaker styled one...fully assembled from Kent Building Supplies.  I should hear today if it is actually in stock & we can pick it up.  Inside are two shelves....we went with the 24" wide x 30" high cabinet....perfect to hold shampoo, body wash, and other bathroom essentials.  It will need a couple of knobs or handles for easy opening.   Fingers crossed it is in stock....

The current teal clothes hamper will need to be replaced...and I've been searching for weeks for a solution,  Most wicker or canvas hampers....do not have a water proof lining.  Not that we store wet laundry....I feel more comfortable with a vinyl hamper and found this white one on Amazon.  It will sit behind the door....under the wall cabinet....



Once I have the bath pulled together....I'll share a few more photos.  It's raining here currently....Mr. Seventies pulled the onions from the garden and laid them out to dry for a few days.  They received a good rinsing & drying....before being set in the shed for storage.  He brought a couple in the house...and shared a few with the neighbours.  Our corn is still not ready....so much for the early maturity variety we chose!




We're keeping a close eye on a storm system that could bring winds and rain by next weekend.  Sounds like it could be Fiona 2.0.  (Fiona was a category 2 storm).   The current one is Hurricane Lee.  My nephew and wife are due to visit then...but we will all be watching our weather forecast...they could battle the same storm where they live.  We plan to be better prepared....Mr. Seventies has put most of the outdoor furniture and items away, the fire pit will go in the storage shed....and the propane tank for the grill will be filled.  In the event we lose power...at least we will have something to cook on and boil water for tea and coffee!


Marty, at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ is hosting fall home tours this week...I'm really excited to see some beautiful homes decorated for all.  I haven't even started yet!   Soon though....

And tomorrow join Lyndsey at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Tell It To Me Tuesday!!!

That's it for today peeps!!  Thanks so much for stopping by....I so appreciate your visits!   Til next time....


2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, the bath refresh looks very exciting and I can't wait for the reveal! The shaker cabinet is really pretty and you will have fun picking out some hardware for it. I too, am watching Lee and keeping my fingers crossed that she just peters out at sea and doesn't bother anyone, but yes, better to be prepared. Take care over there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim!! I can't wait to have the bath put back together!! We're so hoping we just receive rain with this next weather system....will keep you posted!! Have an awesome week!!

      Delete