Followers

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Paint Prices-Sticker Shock!!

I picked up a gallon of paint for Mr. Seventies to give the main bath a refresh!  I near fainted at the checkout - almost $107 (with tax) for a gallon of paint at Home Depot!!  *thud*.  Nothing fancy or unique about it...just regular paint!    I should have set it down and walked out once I rang it up at the self check out...but I think I was in shock.  I'll share the colour at a later time.  

Home Depot has a scanner....when you scan the back of a paint chip....it will give you co-ordinating colour suggestions!  I love that machine!!   I used it when we repainted the entire interior of the house before the new crown mouldings were installed.   I'm not a one and done colour gal....I couldn't have the same colour....on every wall....in my home.  The all whites, beiges and greys...don't do it for me.   


I certainly will appreciate this paint more when it's on the wall!!  While it was being mixed I browsed their Hallowe'en section....some pretty scary stuff going on in there (besides paint prices)...the short, creepy guy on the left...was really scary!  I could see little ones being terrified of some of this stuff!  He scared the bejezuz out of me!!  He moves and talks with a really, creepy voice....




I noticed a shopper carrying two of the skeletons shown on the far right!  And this guy...not a fan!


The witches legs in the cauldron were kicking!!  That's a bit more my preference...


Another reason for my visit to Home Depot....was to check out the pre-built upper cabinets for behind the main bath door.  Storage is severely lacking in the bath and a wall cabinet would hold a few towels, wash cloths, shampoos, shower gel, bath items, and such.   I found a couple in different sizes...



Or this one.....but I do prefer...if there is room the larger 30" cabinet.  I'll have him attach handles as well. Mr. Seventies will need to measure and choose the size that works best...


Anyhow, once I picked my jaw off the floor & purchased the paint...I headed for Winners...to calm my nerves...(from price fright)....

I am crushing so hard on this cushion....as hard as one can crush!   But I showed great restraint....and set it back...


And while there...I found a bath tray...I had been searching for one for a while now!  And this one fits perfectly across the bath tub....to hold loofahs, sponges, bath bombs, oils, & all sorts of potions!  I centered the rubber stoppers on each end...and they hold the tray perfectly in place!


And no visit to Winners would be complete without a browse down the candle aisle!  I was not disappointed!  


I don't really need another candle...but this one smells so amazing....I couldn't resist!  


Showers expected in the forecast today!  It was so windy yesterday....and last evening...we decided to forgo lighting the fire pit.  Friday...the temperature is supposed to climb to 29 C (or 84 F). Warm for this time of year.....especially when the overnight temps are so low.  The pool is draining...that signals summer is over for us. 

Grand dog Benson (also a dachshund) is having an IVDD flare up and heading to the vet this morning for a check up.  Pls. keep him in your thoughts and prayers....little guy just celebrated his tenth birthday last week!  

Have an awesome weekend peeps!!!  And til next time....





No comments:

Post a Comment