Followers

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Touch Of Fall In The Air

The past few days the weather has felt very fall like!  The evenings are darker much earlier....and the mornings are later getting lighter.   It's put me in the mood to do some fall decorating!  I've been puttering away at putting decor out...going through boxes and totes.   If the weather co-operates Mr. Seventies will set up a fall display...complete with corn stalks & potted Mum.  

The raccoons have been helping themselves to our corn in the garden...and I'm okay with that.  As long as they leave enough for us to have a few good feeds....we don't mind sharing.  Today is the type of day that calls for a beef stew in the crock pot!  There is an Amish bakery called The Red Barn not far from us....with the most delicious rolls and whole grain breads!  I hope to visit there today...

I used an Air Miles e-voucher and placed  a small order with Bath & Body Works....I love that it costs me 0 dollars...and their room sprays were on half price!  As was the three wick candle....it smells amazing!! I'm still holding out hope they will open a brick and mortar store here!




And remember the Grinch statue I shared at Costco?  My friend & her hubby were in New Brunswick...and since they have a membership...they made a stop there.  Unfortunately, all the Grinch statues sold out.  Another friend has been keeping an eye on their website...her husband orders from Costco all the time...(free shipping for orders $100 or more).  He planned to add one for me to his order when they came back in stock.

Imagine my delight, when my friend Elaine in New Brunswick....sent me this photo...she was shopping at Costco.  She asked if I wanted one of these.  Um...yes please!  They just received a new shipment...and she placed one in her cart for me!


Rather than mail it ....my friend, Judy and I are planning a day trip to Moncton in October. I'll pick my the Grinch then.  (We had originally planned a trip to Maine...but opted to stay a little closer to home!) 
I'm happy my friend in Moncton was able to pick up "Holiday Grinch" for me!!

I decided to place the scarecrow mat at the front door!  I would have preferred it placed in the kitchen....but so would Miss Liesel.....and I'm not about to let her possibly use it for a pee pad!  She likely wouldn't...but I'm not going to take a chance.   It's safe at the front door....as she is unable to do steps...and there are five to go down to the door.



And the wreath I ordered on Etsy...is gorgeous hung in the front entry!



Thanks so much for spending a bit of your time with me today!  Busy couple of days ahead with appointments and errands to run.  Wishing everyone an awesome day!!  



 

2 comments:

  1. Your fall decor is great! So glad Lee was a non-event for you. Send rain and cooler temperatures here please! RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Very happy Lee was a no-show! Wish I could send you cooler temps....fingers crossed you will get fall temps soon!!!

      Delete