Followers

Monday, September 4, 2023

Brand New Week

Wishing everyone a very... 


This week we're having more summer weather than we ever did in August!  Whatever.....we'll take it!  We've been having marshmallows in the fire pit the past few evenings...by eight o'clock it's just about dark!


We didn't use the fire pit much in July....most evenings were just too hot!  And most of August it rained...so we're taking advantage of the cooler evenings to sit out & enjoy this bug-less time of year!

We spent an afternoon with grand baby...there is a wonderful children's park on the waterfront downtown...she had a great time trying out all the slides and teeter totters!  Then ice cream afterwards.  It was a gorgeous day....as you can see from a couple of photos of the waterfront...


There is an amazing boardwalk and it's usually filled with scores of people walking....it takes me about thirty minutes to walk from one end and back....but I haven't walked it in a while.


This adorable piece arrived last week...I purchased it for a really great price on Poshmark!  Anyone else love Poshmark?  I don't buy a great deal..but occasionally I pick up a cute item or two....it will soon be time to gear up for fall decorating!!  


I've been on a weight loss journey...since about the first of June.  I have lost about seventeen pounds...so clothes are starting to get a little baggy.  I'm not complaining...and spent a couple of days sorting through clothes...and soon realized I had a shortage of warmer tops.  Tee shirts and sweaters I am set....longer sleeves...I have none!   I ordered a couple from Joe Fresh & picked up another in store...this is the softest turtleneck...and I love the caramel colour...


I picked up this piece in store....and it is so soft and comfortable....luv it!!  And the olive green is so pretty!

I couldn't resist this burnt orange cardigan though...again it is the softest knit ever!  And such a beautiful fall colour!


I was so tempted to get this piece....but will wait.  I don't want it to be too big in a few months time...it is so beautiful in person....I had to just walk away before I bought it!!


They were having a sale in the children's section....I picked up these adorable slippers for grand baby...with winter coming on...a girl can never have too many pairs to keep those little tootsies warm!


And I discovered Sephora was having an amazing sale on the powdered foundation I use!  Normally, it retails for $50 or so...and they had it on for the amazing price of $13.50!  The option to pick it up in store wasn't available...but even with shipping...it's still less than half the normal price!!  I grabbed a couple to have on hand!     This is the only foundation that give me coverage...I had about six or seven different foundations in tubes or bottles I passed on to daughter....



Today, being a long weekend....the stores and shops are closed.  Mr. Seventies will be re-painting the main bath in the near future...I'll need to choose a colour & pick up the paint.  He's been busy prepping and going through his stash of paint rollers and brushes.  

I hope everyone has a relaxing day...take some time to hang out with some amazing bloggers like https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for  Metamorphosis Monday.   

And tomorrow check out Marty's blog https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday along with Lyndsey at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/category/tell-it-to-me-tuesday/ for Tell It To Me Tuesday!

Thanks so much for stopping by and til next time...

PS - The amazing estate sale in Summerside is going to be held over four days!!  September 14-17th!!  Going to have to get their early if I want a chance at the Masons Pink Vista soup tureen!!









4 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte! Your Halloween piece is adorable. Congrats on your weight loss - losing weight can be so tough and treating yourself along the way is a great idea. Love all the sweaters you chose. I'm so glad that you are able to use your fire pit. We are definitely moving into fall here with normal day time temps but cooler overnight temps. Sorry to be so late in commenting but we are still getting my mom settled in. Happy marshmallow roasting my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim!! So good to hear from you, my friend! A touch of fall is in the air...our temps are cooling off overnights as well. No apologies necessary, very happy to hear your Mom is settling in...that is good to hear. I'll toast a marshmallow for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fire pit is super cute, I love it! The sweaters are super cute too. Thank you for linking up with Tell It To Me Tuesday! I hope to see you back again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lyndsey!! We will definitely see you on Tell It To Me Tuesday!!! Have an awesome week!!

      Delete