Followers

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Family Room & Outdoor Fall Decor

The evenings are shorter now....it's dark much earlier.  And September is slipping away.  We're enjoying spending time in the family room...with a bit of fall decor.  Along with a few great smelling candles...



I hung the strand of pumpkins around my cabinet...along with my Hello Fall sign... it  holds dear memories of when my BFF and I spent an evening at a craft class painting them.   It weighs on my heart it will be four years next month since she passed away so suddenly....


Decided to hang this fall garland across the mantle...the pellet stove hasn't been turned on yet.  I'm still working on Mr. Seventies to switch it out to a propane fireplace...it's not looking promising for this year!  I have this vision in my head of a gorgeous mantle....along with switching the stove out to a fireplace,  No muss...no fuss.  Just flick a switch...and instant ambience and heat.  No bags of wood pellets required.  I'll keep working on him...



Mr. Seventies gets credit for the outside display....complete with corn husks....he took down the dragonfly though...put it in storage until spring...




The price of pumpkins this year!!  $5-$6 a piece!!   Crazy...next year we are going to grow them in the vegetable garden again.  Other years they usually sell for $2 or so....but like everything else...they have just about doubled in price!  

We didn't do much at the back door....I hung a fall wreath....and this adorable fall flag....


Wal Mart finally brought in a small supply of tarts...these are two of my favourites.....Pecan Waffles and Banana Toffee Pie!!  They smell as good as they sound...


Stores are busy here....setting out Christmas decor!  I'm going to enjoy fall while it's here though.   I am crushing hard on these candles though...at $34.99 each...there was no way I was going to pay that price.  But...they are mummies....*sigh*


Looking forward to my nephew & wife's visit this weekend.   She & I will browse a couple of shops....one is a Christmas store that I've never been in...looking forward to that. 

Have an awesome weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!  Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. I especially love the family room! What cozy and festive decor. I love fall scents this time of year as well. Thank you for sharing this post at the Will Blog for Comments #9 linkup. Hope to see you there next week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love the fall scents too...I have tarts & candles burning all the time! See you next week for sure & thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete