Followers

Monday, October 2, 2023

Welcome October!!!

One of my favourite months!!  The leaves are turning colours and the nights are cooler...we've been having exceptionally, beautiful sunny days!  

We shared a busy and fun weekend with my nephew & his wife...they arrived Friday evening from Nova Scotia.  She & I shopped...(although one store Star and Stable Christmas Store was closed for a few days for renovations).  Check out their website https://www.starandstable.com/.

 We all enjoyed a meal at a local downtown seafood pub...and Mr. Seventies lit the fire pit for a couple of cosy evenings outside!  The harvest moon was amazing.....

Look at the beautiful diamond art piece they gifted us!  (Allison put it together & frame it).  Absolutely love it!!  Cannot wait to hang it...

While out shopping, I picked up this soft & pretty mat for the main bath.  There are two in the set...a smaller one for use in the downstairs 3/4 bath.....


They are parents of two beloved French bull dogs (stayed at home...so they could enjoy a free weekend)...and like us....they love their fur kids!  A few cute things she picked up to take home with her...the cushion is adorable....(and true)...and when she loved my "Me & My Dogs Talk Shit About You" mug....she knew she had to have one!  As well as a couple of new toys to take home to their "boys"...Dozer & Harley!!



No outing would be complete without a browse around Home Sense.   Christmas is finding its way to the shelves!  And I'm loving it!  I'll share a few things that caught my eye...this pretty faux flower arrangement and table runner....love the mix of colours...there is still a bit of fall decor out....



A couple of oversized decorations!  I assume the plush piece is a cushion?




And gnomes appear to be popular again this year!


I'm excited to do a "Grinch" christmas tree this year!  And attempt to keep the Christmas decor to a minimum....but it's very hard....

I'm one of those people who needs music to sleep... usually with my iPhone and ear pods.  My nephew put me on to these!  Sleep headphones, sleep mask with thin HD speakers that cover your ears!    They are adjustable and washable....and I can't wait to try them out!  After a two hour charge...you get nine hours of listening time!  My ear pods stay charged for only four hours...I was considering (still might) purchasing ear pods that plug into my iPhone....but this mask may be perfect!    I ordered this pretty colour....I'll keep you posted!




And this is on my Christmas list this year!  It's an Echo Show, high definition 15.6" display with Alexa and Fire TV built in!  I was gifted a Google Dot (I think it was called) a few years ago...but it was a pain in the backside...and seldom kept playing.  It quit working...and I sent it to electronics recycling a few weeks back.



I'm hoping will suit my needs much better!  One feature I love is it can keep track of grocery lists...you tell it what to add...and with an App from the Apple Store I can access my lists on my phone!   It has many other features...but that one sealed the deal for me.  Both Mr. Seventies and I can add to the lists...at various stores.......etc.  This photo is my nephew's....(we hope to visit them later in the fall)....so I will get a sense of how it works and features....and I will no longer need lists on the counter...and forget to take them with me!!

Since it's Monday....I will be hanging out with Susan at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for  Metamorphosis Monday.

And Tuesday is another favourite day...check out these amazing blogs with me...https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday....and Lyndsey on her wonderful blog https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Tell It To Me Tuesday.

I so appreciate you sharing a bit of your time with me today!   Til next time....

6 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte. The diamond art piece is just beautiful - you must have been so excited to receive it! The pup treats are so cute. I was in HomeSense this past weekend and couldn't believe it - there is fall/Thanksgiving stuff, Halloween stuff, and Christmas stuff. Your eye hardly knows where to turn. The Echo Snow looks intriguing and I'll be interested to see how you like it. I hope the mask works for you too. Take care over there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! Home Sense is the same here....it's almost overwhelming! Almost...lol. I'll keep you advised if Santa brings me the Echo. I'm hoping the mask will be awesome....I have headphones on every night...so this mask with it's built in headphones...hopefully will be better! Have an awesome week my friend. Can you believe we are in October already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the decor at Home Sense. That pumpkin table runner and flowers are so lovely. I always enjoy when Christmas hits the shelves, too! Visiting from Tell it To Me Tuesday. (I'd love to see your posts at my weekly linkup as well--it opens every Monday morning and closes Saturday night. https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/p/calling-fellow-bloggers.html)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy October Charlotte! Sounds like you had a great visit. Thanks for sharing the photos of the store from your shopping trip.
    Visiting today from TTMT 17 #14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula & welcome! Wonderful to have you visit! Pls. come back anytime and thank you for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe the winter decorations are already out! These are some cute findings though. Thank you for linking up with Tell It To Me Tuesday. I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete