Followers

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Its A Woman's Perogitive...To Change Her Mind

I was all set to have a Grinch Christmas tree this year!  Had my heart set on it.  Then...something happened.  The more I remembered the time I spent shopping to replace our tree ornaments (we suspect ours inadvertently were sent to the thrift store or recycling station).   I love each and every one of our tree ornaments.

The thought of not putting them on...literally caused a pang in my heart.  I knew a Grinch tree wouldn't be happening.  It's been suggested to have two trees....our main tree in the upstairs family room....and a Grinch tree in the downstairs family room.  I think one tree is about all we can handle...and unless we have a power outage...we seldom use the room downstairs. 

I messaged my friend on the mainland & asked if she would return the Grinch piece she picked up for me.   I got to looking at a couple of photos of the ornaments on our tree from last year....and fell in love with them all over again.  It works much better for me...if I have a "theme" to stick to....even I get overwhelmed with all the Christmas awesomeness in the stores....and I can easily get off track.   Having a "sweet treats" theme (my name for it)....keeps me grounded....



And the more I remembered them...and loving each one...I knew I couldn't not use them!


And a trip through Home Sense....twice...sealed the deal!  I knew the minute I saw these....they were coming home with me....


I turned the corner....and saw this gorgeous gingerbread house!  It lights up!  I was crushing so hard on it...so it had to go in my cart....


There were four houses on the shelves that day....yesterday there was none.  The sales clerk said their Christmas decor is flying out the door!


When my neighbour invited me to join her at Home Sense...I could not refuse.  I picked up two gingerbread stocking holders....


I've been wanting white knitted stockings for a while now....and these ones are perfect!  And for a set of two - they were much cheaper than Amazon!  I'm hoping to find a smaller one for Liesel...


I may pick up a couple of these...if there are any left in the store.  I had a great chat with the gal at check out....she mentioned she hears time & time again....people leave without picking up something they saw....and come back later...only to find the piece or pieces gone.  I told her my strategy...(after learning the hard way)....to just buy it..and if it doesn't suit or I change my mind.....I can always return it!

She complimented me on being an experienced shopper...lol.    Oh...if she only knew!  I learned my lesson the hard way....


I debated picking this up for my daughter....in loving memory of her beloved Benson,  She will always be a doxie Mama...but I was a bit timid that it might be too soon.  I think I'm going to pick one up anyway....if I change my mind....I can always put it on my tree.  It's going to be their first Christmas without him...he was our tissue paper shredder and loved to open gifts!!


We decided to pop in to Michael's on our way home....and they are continuing to put out their Christmas decor and ornaments.   I saw a couple of tree ornaments I really like....but they are not on sale yet.  The saleslady advised they will be coming on sale in the next couple of weeks.....so I'll be keeping an eye for a BOGO sale or 40% off sale.  These are really cute....



There is even a new selection of tree picks this year!  How awesome are these??  A great place to pick up tree picks is the Dollarama!  They have some really cute spirals....and you can't beat their prices!


And a couple of these will hopefully be added to our coffee/hot chocolate bar area this year!  I'm watching for when they come on sale...cutest cupcakes ever!!!


Today....Liesel & I will be checking out the store where I picked up most of my tree decor!  I'm hoping they have things set out....

And...we plan to visit my nephew & wife in Nova Scotia early December!  My nephew's wife, Allison is one of my favourite people!!  She is funny, can decorate like a pro...and loves to shop!  She & I are planning a trip to Costco in Halifax that weekend!!  She decorates their gorgeous new home for the holidays right after Remembrance Day...so it will be completed when we visit!  I am so excited to see their completed home...in all its festive glory.  

Since they have two adorable French Bulldogs....I picked up this adorable mug for her...I plan to do up a basket of goodies for them & the pups!!


That is all my news for now!  Many thanks for spending your time with me!   Have an awesome weekend (forecast is calling for rain here for the unforeseeable future)....so until next time....









No comments:

Post a Comment