Followers

Monday, October 30, 2023

Come Browse With Me

I made the trek to the home decor store across the city...they are getting in Christmas stock about every other day!  I really wanted to get a peek at the gingerbread decor....I was disappointed.  Most is styrofoam!


The gingerbread girl and boy....as well as the houses....all lightweight decorated styrofoam!  Not what I had in mind at all.  In my opinion...it wouldn't be very durable.  The large tree.....styrofoam as well.  The tree ornaments were resin....as I thought everything would be.  Not the case....


They are not pieces worth investing in...the "snow" on the houses....cotton batting.  Anyhow...they are cute...also not budget friendly...at all. 

Can someone explain to me the allure of an upside down tree?  I just don't get it...what am I missing?


There were some cute pieces...like these adorable mice.....


And this sweet, chubby owl!  Adorable....


And I'm crushing hard on this decorator cushion...there were a couple...I did resist......


I thought these hard working elves were pretty cute....


And what's old is new again this year!  These ceramic trees have been around for years...brings back memories of the 70's ceramic classes I attended!  And the original ones are not budget friendly.....there is one on FB Marketplace here....currently listed at $160.  The trees now are reproduction....available in various colours...I purchased a pink one a few years ago from Michaels..  I've mentioned before.... grand baby has one in her nursery each Christmas.... I made in ceramics class for her great grandmother in the 80's.   Now it's been handed down to her and she loves having it lit during the holidays!


Since I was out and about....I popped into another store to see how far they had come putting out their decor.  Still a work in progress...but this large statue....I'm obsessed with.  I'm watching for him to come on sale....he's sturdy & heavy enough to set on the front step....without worry of him being blown off....



We have an inflatable outside dachshund.....this one is very lightweight and unless staked down...would easily take flight.  I had actually purchased one a few years back....but returned it due to its delicate constructions.  As it is...the one we have now....is unable to inflate he gets weighted down with snow....


A few new tree ornaments were on display....but I think we have ample ornaments for our tree!!

We've had some beautiful days the last week or so....that will all be changing today with rain and wet snow in the forecast.  My friend and I decided we will venture to the mainland tomorrow...when the driving will be less messy rather than our original plan of going today.

We've ventured with Liesel a few times to enjoy the beauty of fall....it was cool enough yesterday we all needed to bundle up....


The Burning Bush on our lawn in all its fall beauty!!  



My friend loves our lanterns....which prompted Mr. Seventies to dig up a few for her to transplant in her yard...they can be invasive...so she will have an abundance of them in her gardens next year....



We celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary!  It doesn't seem possible the years have melted away!  We celebrated quietly.... exchanging cards and gifts...neither of us felt like dining out.  Another time perhaps.

We chose to spend a quiet afternoon with grand baby.  She is starting to feel better...an x ray revealed she has been battling pneumonia & was put on strong antibiotics immediately.  Frustrating that two doctors and her paediatrician gave the "common cold" as a diagnosis.  Common colds don't not go on continuously....thankfully her mother kept pushing for results.  Since she is asthmatic as well...she will continue to use a couple of puffers. 

Looking forward to a road trip to the mainland tomorrow....I'll try to take you guys along.  In the meantime....be sure and enjoy a few blog parties.   Yup...I'll be there.  Later today at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for  Metamorphosis Monday

Marty at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ hosts Inspire Me Tuesday and Lyndsey at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/  with Tell It To Me Tuesday!

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today!  Make it a great one.....










2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Charlotte! First and foremost, Happy Anniversary and congratulations on reaching the 40-year milestone. That's quite an achievement! Second, I am so relieved to hear that grandbaby is feeling better. Kudos to her mama for continuing to push. The gnome you found is so sweet and I have no idea what the appeal of an upside down tree is. Love the elves - Christmas decor can be so irresistible so good for you! Thanks for taking me along on your browsing trip and take care over there my friend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my friend! Thank you for the anniversary wishes! And for thinking of our grand baby...fingers crossed she is on the mend. I'm glad I'm not the only one who questions the attraction to an upside down Christmas tree! If you find out....please let me know...lol! We had a dusting of snow...turned to rain...not near the amount I hear you received. Stay well.....and take good care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete