Followers

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Be Careful What You Wish For!

So...I've mentioned more than a few times how I would love to replace the pellet stove with a propane insert.  With the ever rising cost of propane....I don't see that happening any time soon.  With the days getting cooler...we turned the stove on the other day.....only to discover the auger (feeds pellets into a burn pot in the stove)...wasn't dropping any pellets. We replaced the auger a few years ago....likely time to replace again.  We have a repair man coming Tuesday....and he will also do a cleaning and maintenance check of the stove as well.  I hate to admit...but I do miss the heat from it...I'm no fan of the heat pump.

Remember when we needed a new refrigerator a few months back & I wished the old one would quit (it was 20 years old after all)....and it did!  I'm sure the pellet stove can be repaired...the stove itself is fine...we've had the electronic ignition, auger and blower replaced in the past.  Not much else to it. So doubtful it will get replaced this year....



I came across these adorable ballerina slippers ornament....and grand-baby is in ballet...so picked up a pair for her Christmas tree....


And speaking of grand-baby...she has had a persistent cough for months....and months.  No fever...she's been seen by doctors and her paediatrician....no ear or throat infection...they said it was just a "cold" and it had to run its course.   Well....no cold lasts month in and month out.

Finally, she saw an amazing doctor this week....who suspects she is asthmatic.  (his own little guy had all the same symptoms).  Usually...the cough is worse at night....and it's such a violent cough sometimes they gag and/or vomit.   And of course, she is suffering from disrupted sleep (as are her parents).  A puffer was prescribed...to be used nightly before bed....and chest X-ray tomorrow.  In two weeks she will be re-assessed for any improvement.   Fingers crossed they are on the right track with her health care.  

I spotted these adorable candles while picking up the ballet ornament...


And I couldn't resist these cute pieces to set with the gingerbread house I purchased last week.  I noticed they also had them in red and green....but these colours go with other things I've stashed away....


I've decided to spread a little Christmas cheer in the primary bedroom this year......came across this quilt set.  Not sure why the king size was cheaper than the queen size...but I'm okay with that.  Especially with our high mattress and bed.  I'll add in a festive pillow and throw....


The sun is out...it's cool but forecast to be a beautiful day.  Have bedding on the line....love we can still have freshly outdoor scented sheets for a few weeks yet.  I have an online order to pick up for lined leggings.  I'm anemic....and freeze about 98% of the time....so hope anything lined will help.  I do not like being cold all the time!  

Yesterday for our walk...I wore a light winter jacket & a fleece wrap on Liesel!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Til next time.....




No comments:

Post a Comment