Followers

Monday, October 16, 2023

Mid October Already!!

We've taken Liesel and walked a couple of trails a few times...they have done an excellent job at repairing them and cleaning out fallen trees and debris.  Lacking though...are the fall colours on the trees.  The experts say due to so much rainy weather and lack of sun...and of course the fall out from high winds and the odd hurricane.  Today we have a "special weather statement" in place which equals lots of rain and northerly high winds.  Such as it is...

Mr. Seventies & I had flu shot appointments....we get the "heavy duty" vaccine apparently stronger for folks of our age.  We're due for Covid boosters as well....later in the month.

When I went to check the Christmas decor at another local store the other day... I suspect that is what all these boxes are!  Get busy people!!


Most Hallowe'en and fall decor is on sale...and they will be moving it out in the next week or so I suspect.  I did find one section with mostly tree ornaments....like these adorable gingerbread.....


I have a few of these "gingerbread cookies".....in different colour combos....


I decided to pop into Home Sense and pick up a couple of the ice cream cones I saw last week...


I noticed these pretty tree ornaments as well....I'm crushing on the colour combination....so pretty on a rose gold colour themed tree...


I haven't come across any Christmas cushions that have wowed me!  Then again I have quite a few in my stash already...



We are enjoying the fall evenings....and I love lighting candles and putting Hallowe'en and fall scenes on the tv screen....like this one.  Anyone who has a smart tv or chrome cast can have a beautiful seasonal screen.  I usually put a different one on each evening....(we are not tv watchers).   This particular one has lots of activity happening...from the pumpkin lady's hat moving...(there is a butterfly that flutters on her hat)....to various birds and crows & leaves blowing about....


Even though it's forecast to be a miserable day....I have errands to run and will be out & about.  I plan to hang out later over at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for  Metamorphosis Monday  .

And tomorrow check out Marty's blog https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday and join us with Lyndsey at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Tell It To Me Tuesday!!

My two favourite days of the week....lots of beautiful blogs to enjoy!   Thanks so much for hanging out with me for a bit today...my sincerest thank you.   

Until next time....







11 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte. I had heard that about the lack of color on the leaves this year, and especially in the Atlantic provinces. So weird. I hope you get more sun next year! The ice cream cones are darling - I hope you post a pic of tree when you have it up. Our HomeSense here has a few crumbs from fall, a small table for Halloween, and shelves upon shelves of Christmas. But I haven't seen anything I can't do without either. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the lovely evenings there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!! I will share pics of our tree for certain!! Happily, Home Sense here is putting out Christmas decor almost daily....and it's flying out the door! I pop in every few days...as the store is close by. The lack of beautiful fall colours has been disappointing this year! Have an awesome week my friend!!

      Delete
  2. All those boxes of goodies ! It's hard to explain to non-crafters that we need Christmas in July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more!!! Christmas is wonderful any time of year!!

      Delete
  3. Amazing, halloween still to come and lots of Christmas decorations are already been advertised and shown in stores. Its getting earlier and earlier yearly. I love Christmas, do not get me wrong, but wow.
    I visited you via Tell It To Me Tuesday! #19 | 10/17/23 | Link Party
    I linked up this week with = 25+26. Come and join us at SeniorSalonPitStop. You will find the linkup information under BLOGGING

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some really adorable Christmas ornaments! I have a tendency to buy a few every year despite not having enough room to put them all on the tree; they're just so cute I can't resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't resist either! If I buy anymore....my tree is going to fall over!! lol!!

      Delete
  5. Love those gingerbread ornaments and that darling pillow! Visiting from Tell it To Me Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer & welcome!! I love the pillow as well! So nice to have you here!!

      Delete
  6. I didn't know that you could put scenes on your TV's, that's so fun! I will need to figure out how to do that. Thank you for sharing at Tell It To Me Tuesday! I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having fall and Christmas scenes on our TV....there are many you tubers that create "ambience" scenes you can subscribe to. I'd have to figure out how to do it on a Smart tv....our tv is older so I use a Chrome Cast (son-in-law had an extra one....they are usually available at Wal Mart for around $20). Definitely see you at Tell It To Me Tuesday!!!

      Delete