Followers

Thursday, September 14, 2023

Remnants of Hurricane Lee

Another wet & windy weather system is going to impact our weekend weather.  Forecasters are advising it won't be as devastating as Fiona was last year, but many here still have tarp covered roofs....awaiting repairs after one year!  

Mr. Seventies has been busy putting everything outside away, the patio furniture, outdoor fire pit and my Edison and bumble bee lights taken in for the year.  The pool is drained down & the pump disconnected & stored in the furnace room.  The propane tank to the grill will get topped up today.  We have batteries and a battery powered radio in the event we lose power.  With clean up around the Island from last year stilll uncompleted....more trees and debris could cause power outages.  

Miss Liesel is undergoing a dental cleaning this morning!  So no breakfast or water for her until afterwards.  She's never had any extractions...so let's hope the trend continues.  She will be dropped off at our vet clinic....they will call around lunch time to update and if all goes well...she should be ready to come home by mid afternoon.  She is currently searching for her water bowl...but we had to take it up as she needs to have no food or drink from 8:00 p.m. last evening...



This adorable 20" piece I'm crushing on....is available at Costco.  For those who aren't aware...we do not have Costco here....the closest location is in Moncton, New Brunswick.  My friend and her husband are currently in Moncton, taking in a concert and will pick it up for me!!  I can't wait to get it when they return in a day or two!!  I do have another friend who orders from Costco frequently...so that was also an option...but I was afraid it may suffer breakage in shipment!



And this adorable set is on it way to me!!  A set of Mummies from one of my favourite sellers on Poshmark!  I hope to bring out the fall decor this weekend....a good, stormy weekend to do just that...the smaller pieces are salt & pepper shakers!




Mr. Seventies hung the new shaker cabinet in the main bath yesterday!  It looks amazing and its wonderful to have extra storage.  It's a very heavy piece and I was impressed he hung it by himself....and it is sturdily hung.  The doors are soft close...I love that.  

I hope to share photos of the bath on Monday...and invite you to check out my blog on Monday!  Sadly, a visit with my nephew & his wife planned for the weekend has been postposed and we'll reschedule for another weekend.  They are due to get winds and a good soaking in their area of Nova Scotia as well. 

Have an awesome weekend....and til next time...



1 comment:

  1. Charlotte, I'm watching Lee closely too and I hope you guys don't get too much damage. Can't wait to see the bathroom reveal. Stay safe over there!!

    ReplyDelete