Followers

Monday, December 11, 2023

Catching Up

Happy Monday peeps!  It's inching closer to Christmas....I did very minimal decorating in the kitchen....it's a busy time of year.  And I have quite a bit of wrapping left to do....I hope to wrap that up (pun intended) this week....

I am in love with the vintage inspired reindeer mugs!  I had planned to paint the mug holder....will have to do that after the holidays....I will continue using it to hold mugs....



I need to purchased a new kettle...brushed metal to match the appliances....(it's on back order)....and Mr. Seventies will be receiving a single serve Keurig coffee maker....they seem to have a short lifespan, since we've gone through two of them....although we've switched up our hot beverage & enjoying hot chocolate most evenings....the snowman wearing the top hat holds mini marshmallows......


We took a drive one evening to the community of North Rustico (about 37 km from us)....to take in the beautiful lights and Christmas displays.  The homes along the way are always decorated and so pretty and enjoyable to take in....

Homeowners in North Rustico (a small fishing village) go all out during the holidays....decorating everything from fishing boats to tractors.....and this particular spot covers just about every square inch of their home and property....they even do their side lawn but the packed down layer of snow had turned to ice....and we decided against venturing up the small embankment to view it.....I noticed a couple of people slipping on their way down.  Most of our snow has melted now with warmer temperatures....


Perfect backdrop for a photo op....when there was a lull in people checking out the displays.....

I asked Mr. Seventies not to zoom in too close as the dermatologist removed pre-cancerous cells from my face....using liquid nitrogen!  Yup...that hurt.  And my face has scabs from the removal.  Enuf said....


Friends built a new home in North Rustico a couple of years ago....and invited us to drop in after our tour of the village....lovely to see them and their home decked out (inside and out) for the holidays.  

Mr. Seventies, grand baby & her Daddy decorated a gingerbread house over the weekend....we enjoyed a visit and meal with them....and she placed her gifts underneath her tree...

I have a phone consult with my orthosurgeon....supposed to be an office visit...however his receptionist has Covid....so appointments are done over the phone for a while.  My knee is causing much pain (and annoyance) these days...it's interfering with walking and my mobility in general.  My sweet neighbour dropped in a couple of weeks ago....and she convinced me it was time....she had one knee done about this time last year...and waiting to have the other one done.  I presume the wait times for surgery will be long....so thought it best to get the ball rolling at least....

I have a friend who is a frequent Home Sense shopper....she runs a side business setting up beautiful tables for parties, wedding receptions and events.....and is constantly visiting the store for pieces to use.....when I saw this ornament....I knew it was perfect for her tree!


Our silly goose in a playful mood...showing off vicious teeth...lol.  She has an upcoming  spa day booked....and an annual exam with our veterinarian....we'll keep those days on the down low....neither are her favourite activities....


Thanks so much for stopping by & sharing a bit of your time with me!  Join me later today at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for  Metamorphosis Monday.  

Marty at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ is under the weather....but if she hosts Inspire Me Tuesday this week...we will see you there along with Lyndsey at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Tell It To Me Tuesday!  Please support these amazing bloggers by checking out their blogs....

Til next time.....


8 comments:

  1. Love those cute reindeer mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina and welcome!! Aren't they the cutest mugs? I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute display Charlotte and the reindeer mugs are adorable! The Christmas lights and displays look amazing. Sorry to hear about your face and hope it heals well and I hope your quest for the knee surgery is fruitful. The HomeSense ornament is so perfect - what a lucky find - and Liesel is so precious. Take care over there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim!! Hope all is well with you...and thank you for your sweet words! I love the reindeer mugs....and would love to get the Santa ones too. I suspect it will be 18 months or longer before I have surgery.....but it won't happen if I don't get the ball rolling. Fingers crossed. Have an awesome week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many adorable Christmas items! I need to donate some of my decor that I don't use anymore; I've gotten lazy to just put out my favorite few things the past few years. My dermatologist did the same with spots on my face a month ago. They healed quicker than I expected. But yes, it did hurt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa!! Happy you are here! Thank you for your sweet words....I think as I get older...I want to decorate less & less. I donated so much "stuff" last year..it feels good to purge. My face is healing-lovely scabs....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your puppers is so cute! And those lights are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is pretty cute....have to agree! I wish I had taken more pictures of the lights - the whole village is covered in lights. So many people buzzing about tho. Stop by anytime!!

      Delete