Followers

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Ready For Christmas

With the exception of a bit of wrapping gifts...we are just about ready for Christmas.  And wrapping is my least favourite thing to do!  Gift bags were made for people like me...some enjoy wrapping....I am not one!    I hope to get to it in the next few days though.

I didn't do a lot of decorating this year....I ran out of steam!  Such a busy time of year...numerous medical appointments and so on.  It's my favourite time of year  (well...second to fall).  A little bit of fun in the front entry....



I do love our tree....but will rethink if we want to deal with the mess of the flocking each year...


The gingerbread cushion...a bit smaller than expected...especially since Liesel thinks it is a stuffy for her...I caught her with it, because she has such a toy shortage...


I love my Willow Tree nativity set - I saw pieces the other day in a gift shop....and everything was 50% off!   That is a steal!  The stable wasn't available... it is a huge (breakable) piece & I'm happy with the number in my collection.....


One of my favourite cushions...I had purchased two....and gave one to my daughter.....


A couple more decorative cushions on the sofa...the snow globe on the table to the left has a dachshund in the centre....and plays a Christmas tune when wound up....and snow falls when shaken.  The coffee table is off centre a bit...Mr. Seventies tends to move things around when vacuuming...(no complaints).  And the gate.....just keeping it real...Liesel stays in the kitchen (for her own safety) if we happen to be out.  Keeps her from jumping off furniture...and causing an issue with her front legs or back....


That's about it for the family room.  Not a lot of clutter....we need to be able to live in this room.  I did pick up this candle....in a wooden bowl!  Doesn't it look real?  It isn't.  Battery operated.  I now mainly purchase soy candles...they burn cleaner...and their scents last longer I find....no lingering petroleum smell either....that can't be healthy.....


And while out & about I stopped to check out a calendar/puzzle kiosk at the mall....and could not resist this puzzle.  It's called Vintage Main Street!  I'm not a huge puzzler (or puzzle person)....but cannot wait to start this one!  Mr. Seventies is going to cut me a board to put it together on....it's about 19" x 26".....and comes with a poster for assistance in putting it together.  I may invest in a puzzle board....I'l see how we get along.  A great past time for wintery days!



I stopped into Winners while at the mall...(they are expanding the store).....and noticed these adorable mugs...the gingerbread is my favourite....(of course)....


And while I love the tops on these candles....they are not soy....and burn smokey....


And of course a gingerbread piece...stock in the stores for Christmas decor and decorations....has depleted significantly I noticed....


We have a layer of snow about....covering the ground and trees.  And while pretty....there is rain in the forecast in the coming days.  Ugh!  Up & down temperatures with precipitation makes it so messy for getting about.  The SUV goes through the car wash a few more times when it's ever changing like this.

We have better chance of having a white Easter than a white Christmas!

Thanks so much for spending a bit of your time with me...I truly appreciate it.  Til next time....






No comments:

Post a Comment