Followers

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Liesel - Update

As a pet paw-rent it's impossible to explain why things are happening....such as no food or water today!  Oh, the guilt I feel!


Our resident wire hair is undergoing a tummy ultrasound today....and that requires sedation....which requires an empty tummy!  It sucks the procedure couldn't be done early morning  (I asked) - rather than mid afternoon.  Long time to go without food or drink....for anyone!

Her vomiting issue continues...her veterinarian insists since the medication isn't working (or working well)....an ultrasound is the next step to investigate the source.   I'm not a vet...so I don't know what she is looking for...but hope she discovers no issues. 

I have long thought Liesel's issue is a food allergy issue, of some sort.  One of our previous dachshunds, Oskar had skin issues & through blood testing we discovered a number of foods that caused him side effects.  Foods such as white potato, tomato, eggs, dairy of any kind....certain grasses and bugs.   Once we had a diagnosis....we adjusted his diet...and had great success.  

Or perhaps Liesel has an acid tummy....at any rate this is the first step to reach a diagnosis & hopefully treatment.

None of all that helps with the guilt I feel -not being able to allow her food or drink....those begging eyes are hard to take!  She doesn't understand it's being done for her....and Mama will have supper ready for her when she comes home!


2 comments:

  1. I understand the guilt. Once our min pin had pancreatitis and could have no food for three days. He begged and pleaded for food and laid on our feet. It was so hard, but we knew it was for his good. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness-three days! Bless his heart..pancreatitis is nothing to fool with...I hope he made a happy & healthy recovery! I hope to hear the results from the ultrasound today...Liesel spent much of yesterday snoozing...fingers crossed!!

      Delete