Followers

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Removal of Popcorn Ceilings

I'm so excited the removal of our popcorn ceilings begins tomorrow!!  The kitchen will be the first room tackled!!  We spent yesterday removing what needs to be out of the way....this is how things are looking currently....


Took down my Gripstand bowls, removed everything from the counter tops....cannot stress how happy I will be to have smooth, freshly painted ceilings!  Ugh....when & why did we think this was a good idea?? That was the 90's for ya...



Other than large pieces of furniture....the family room is pretty much gutted....my dish cabinet was emptied & pieces packed up safely in boxes.....(Liesel is somewhere under those blankets)....


Our neighbour came to help Mr. Seventies remove the television from the wall over the pellet stove....not that we ever watch it.  I put various screens on it during summer, fall & Christmas.....other than that...it is never is turned on.  We've debated putting it back up....but there is a huge outlet on the wall for it...and we don't want to remove it.  So it's either put the television back up....or hang a large canvas.   Leaning towards keeping the television....


Wall decor and my hooked rug were removed from the front entry.......


Most of the light fixtures can be wrapped and remain up during the process....with the exception of the hall fixture....



Since the fixture in the hallway is close to the ceiling....Mr. Seventies will take it down the day before....


Again with the walls looking green!  I assure you they are not (with the exception of the main bath)...but in photos the walls look green to me....

And....a new wool area rug has been ordered!!  I spent hours & hours shopping on line and narrowed my choice down to six contenders!!  Then sat with Mr. Seventies and narrowed down the choices!  And....he chose the exact one I was feeling strongly about!!  I wanted to be 100% certain I was in love with the new rug....as I don't want to make the same mistake I made last time.....

I should know myself now!  If I don't love something immediately.....it's not for me.  I should have listened to my gut when I picked the last area rug in February!  I am not an indecisive person...and 99.9% of the time I am rock solid on my choices....when I listen to my inner voice!  I am that way with just about everything...

Also...the previous rug was too big...it measured 12 x 15 ft.   This is the one we both chose in a 10 x 14 ft size!

The description calls the colours "gray & red"...but I'm thinking the red is more a rust colour....



A bit of a close up....again we have gone with a 100% handmade wool rug....you cannot beat the wear & durability of wool.....oh I love the pattern & can't wait to pull the colours out for throws & cushions...


This photo is showing up close the texture....if you've never had a handmade wool rug....they have beautiful texture and depth....and wear forever....



We vacuumed the previous rug really well & were able to roll it up & fold it over......Mr. Seventies set it in the downstairs family room....it might just fit in either our SUV or our daughter's....we will measure to see.  If not,  our son-in-law will arrange for a friend with a truck to retrieve it....the rug will be beautiful in their lower level family room....(the kitchen shutters are being stored downstairs until the ceilings are done)...

Tentative date of arrival for the new rug is May 29th....once all the work is completed & everything has gone through a thorough cleaning....we will lay it down....

It was such a beautiful, warm day yesterday....I picked a beautiful bouquet of pink tulips..".my ladies in pink"....(they now sit on the kitchen counter)....


And the Azalea, in all its scraggly beauty is blooming.   Sort of...it has to be 30+ years old...and has received nothing but tender, loving care!  Some we see are absolutely stunning...with mounds of blooms.   Such is ours...


I cannot wait to share the transformation once the ceilings are completed and our house is "righted" again....

Til next time....









2 comments:

  1. The transformation will be worth it! RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait - it will be so worth it!!!

      Delete