Followers

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Slowly Moving Along

Our amazing seam filler was able to get two coats on the ceilings....and repair & patch the areas that required fixing.  He was due to finish yesterday, but unfortunately he was sick...but hopes to finish the job today.  

If he is able to finish....Mr. Seventies will be in painting mode....it will be so great to have the ceilings done.  Then we can concentrate on painting the walls.  I've tentatively picked out paint colours....hopefully the new rug will arrive today....(according to tracking it is due to arrive today)...and I can see it's true colours....

My dinnerware sets arrived!  I'm obsessed with them....look at all that awesome colour!!!  We just ran them through the dishwasher & placed them in the cupboard...like ducks in a row!  My green thrift store mugs go perfectly!  And the red mugs are Pioneer Woman from Wal Mart...I hung on to those...


I placed the Pioneer Woman dishes on FB Marketplace...and they sold within a couple of hours!  

I had ordered a heart shaped braided rug on Amazon...and it was placed on back order...for .months.  Wal Mart online....has such an amazing array of goods that our store never carries!  I found this rug...and with free shipping to our store....I quickly ordered it for the back entry....


I was pretty bummed when I missed out on a Windsor deacon's bench on FB Marketplace....but luckily found this one!  It will go in the family room...(this is a stock photo).....I've been wanting one for eons!!


Remember this awesome basket....to hold toilet tissue & a dowel to hang a roll?  It sells for around $85 on Pottery Barn (Canada).....but also on Amazon for a bit less.  Since I had over $100 in air miles....I used them for Amazon e-vouchers & ordered the exact same basket - and it cost me nothing.  It is on back order...but apparently they have more coming in....fingers crossed!  




These are the garden flags I ordered from Temu...this one had a price tag of $2.39.......it's hung along the back walkway....


And this one hanging at the front walkway....was a whopping $3.97!  The quality is exactly the same as the ones selling here for $14.99.  I probably should have pressed it...but wanted to get it out of the way...and the wind & rain will likely take care of any wrinkles....


I've ordered a couple of table runners from Temu at great prices & have been pleased with them....I'm going to be ordering a lot more home goods from them in the future!  Everyone says how reasonably priced Home Sense is....I find just the opposite....I prefer Temu prices...

The sun is out & it's going to be beautiful the next few days.  Mr. Seventies plans to open the pool...it just needs to be running....and get the water clear.  He will put the water hose in to bring the water level up to the right level...and turn on the pump.  Once it runs for 24 hours....I will take a water sample in for testing...and we're up & running for the season!   All outside work has come to a full stop for the time being.

Our lilacs are out!!  Usually they don't bloom here til the middle of June...but things are early this year!  (early for us).  And I'm loving it!  

That's the update from our "job site" - or we think of it as "camping".  (did I mention I do not enjoy camping??)

Have an awesome weekend.... til next time....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment