Followers

Monday, June 3, 2024

Ceilings Are Done!!

The ceilings are done!  Messy..(did I say messy?) stucco is gone, ceilings primed & painted... by Mr. Seventies.  I won't share pics of each ceiling...here is the front entry ceiling before....in all her stucco glory!  One gallon of ceiling paint covered all four ceilings....



And now so smooth and pretty....keeping the light fixture down until after the walls are painted.  I've chosen the wall colours & have the paint mixed & ready to go...



We are still a work in progress...but it feels so good to have the ceilings done!  We are so much further along than we were a week ago....


The floors and walls needed to be wiped clear of dust and seam fill goop...while Mr. Seventies tackled that....I set to work cleaning the kitchen cabinets inside and out!  I took everything out...it's amazing how much "stuff" you have that you never use!  Mr. Seventies put numerous boxes of the stuff we aren't using....or haven't used in months....in the back of the SUV....it will get dropped off at the Mission Store today.

The cabinets & their contents received a thorough cleaning....as did the exterior of the cabinets.  Mr. Seventies vacuumed & cleaned floors for hours.  I plan to thoroughly clean a couple of light fixtures today...the family room & hall fixtures can go up.  Mr. Seventies is helping Paul today...so no painting of walls will get started.  That's okay....give him a break from painting for a day or two!


I gave my dish cabinet a fresh coat of paint...I didn't bother painting the inside....you can't see much of it when my dishes are added.  I had a sample pot of paint mixed up & didn't use all of it to give it and it's four doors two coats of paint.  Two things I know...I'm a terrible painter...and hate doing it!  I powered through....and crushing on the colour...the upper part has glass doors...I had just finished the second coat in this photo....


It's been cool, windy & raining the last few days...and due to that we haven't opened the pool! This is the latest ever that we haven't had it up & running but there isn't much sense until Mother Nature chooses to co-operate!  It will be great when we are able to do that, finish staining the decks, put the patio furniture out & enjoy some much deserved down time!!

Join me later today at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!  And tomorrow over at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday and https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays!!

Til next time...oh and....





6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Charlotte - your ceilings look so pretty! I can only imagine the mess and you must be so relieved to have it all done. I can't wait to see your future updates and I hope Mother Nature cooperates for you soon. Take good care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so glad to have the ceilings done! Once the walls are painted-we will be able to pull this house back together! Can't wait to share once everything is finished! Have an awesome week dear friend!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, the ceiling looks great and fun projects you have! I would love to have some of my ceilings smoothed...maybe one day. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi & welcome!! The ceilings did turn out amazing - but oh such a huge, dirty & dusty job removing stucco! So happy to have them done and we can move on to painting walls!! Have an awesome day!!!

      Delete
  3. The ceilings look great! By the time you are finished it's going to feel like a whole new house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really will feel like a new house, Joanne! Can't wait to share when it's finished!

      Delete