Followers

Friday, June 7, 2024

Greenhouse Gift Shop

We fit in a trip to a greenhouse in Summerside...Mr. Seventies favourite place.  Although, he quickly realized he has most perennials they sell!  We are in a climate zone where only the hardiest of plants & shrubs survive...and over the years he has obtained most of them...

While he perused the greenhouse....I took a stroll around their gift shop....always enjoyable.  I'm crushing on these adorable bird houses.  Since they are resin, our climate would make their lifespan short...likely last only a year or two outside....but so cute nonetheless...who doesn't love a gnome bumblebee?


We've had a nest of blue jays in our Japanese Yew tree (directly by our family room window)...it's been fun to see both Mama & Papa flying in and out of the tree.....




This adorable patio table is so vibrant & pretty....would look nice inside or out....even in a sun room...great for holding cold drinks or even a plant....


Chuckled when I read this sign....also true....


These adorable watering cans could be used for holding hand or dish soap....I use a Rae Dunn one at my kitchen sink...


These stepping stones are great for use in a garden bed...sadly they are resin & not concrete poured....and would likely only last outside a couple of years....Mr. Seventies picked additional concrete paw print stepping stones to add to the garden walk way....



This patriotic gnome cushion caught my eye...great for Canada Day decor...July 1st will be here before we know it...


The shop was a buzz of activity...which made it a bit trying to get photos...we did pick up a few annuals for daughter's planter pots....Mr. Seventies & grand baby also did up a tray of squash seeds & under her watchful eye & watering...they have sprouted & will soon be ready for transplant in the vegetable garden...


In other news....when it came time to install the bottom doors to my newly painted cabinet...we could not get the door handles to line up for proper closing!  We were stumped as to how we could get them to line up & close!  We were extremely tired after a full day of painting in the kitchen....& decided to leave it until the next day when we had clearer heads....

When  it dawned on me!  Since I wasn't painting the interior of the cabinet or doors....I only painted one side of the doors.  Turns out....I painted the wrong side!  Go figure.  Once I gave the correct side two coats of paint....they came together properly!  A bit of a brain bubble...I'm in love with how it turned out & can't wait to place it in it's rightful spot & add my dishes...I shared this photo a few days ago...



I'm happy to report.....the kitchen is fully done!  Mr. Seventies also finished a coat of paint in the family room &  will work on a second coat on today!  Then it's on to the front entry!!   We are getting there... the finish line is in sight...

It's wonderful to prepare meals in a kitchen...after a week of sandwiches & pizza!

My Deacon's bench arrived & I'm loving it!  Sad I missed out on the same one on FB Marketplace for a quarter of the price...but crushing on the one I ordered!

I hope you have an awesome weekend!  Thanks so much for stopping by.....til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment