Followers

Thursday, June 13, 2024

This & That

Almost three weeks to the day...we are finished with painting!!  Such a huge job....but worth it in the end.  We're still putting the house back in order....be sure & visit on Monday when I'll be sharing pics of the finished results!

Is it wrong to lay on the floor & admire flat, white ceilings?  I didn't think so either...

For cleaning our tile & hardwood floors...I have always used a steam mop.  No time like now to need help getting the floors fresh & clean...but our current steam mop began leaking puddles of water on the floors!  Nothing we did would prevent water from leaking out...it still steamed but left too much water!  Well....that just wasn't going to work!  We've always steamed the floors...or got down on our hands & knees.  And that just isn't going to work either...

Does anyone use the Vileda mop & bucket system?  I ordered one & its due to arrive tomorrow...I'm looking forward to trying it.  I've never had a "mop" per se...this one is supposed to spin the mop?



With our peonies (all seven of them) due to bloom any day...I've been reading up on how to "preserve" them....using Silica gel.   I picked up gel at Michaels & a covered tub from Dollarama.  Apparently to avoid blossoms covered in ants it's best to pick the buds when they are in the "marshmallow" stage (meaning the buds are soft)...I've been squeezing them daily.....patiently waiting for just the right time to pick them.

The buds are currently still a bit hard...once they soften I can shake the ants off & place them in water inside & let them blossom then....I have a test bud currently sitting in water....it is the only bud that was squishy enough to pick....waiting for it to open...


I used a 40% off coupon to purchase the Silica gel...and watched a few videos showing how to dry flowers...once the blossoms are fully covered with the gel....the cover goes on the tub & they get stored for 5-7 days to dry...


I have no idea if this is going to work....but thought it would be fun to give it a try!  Speaking of flowers...we have new colours of lupins blooming!  These amazing pink ones are my favourite!  The side garden is full of purple lupins....the pink ones are blooming along the back walkway...


And a tiny yellow lupin is getting ready to bloom as well!  There's actually a few to bloom...


I'm very happy with my storage basket/toilet paper roller...even happier I could use air miles for e vouchers to use on Amazon...where I ordered this one.   So far, it works perfectly...


I found these gorgeous candle holders at Home Sense...and had to have them!  I picked up candles while at Michaels - finally used a gift card I received for Christmas!  I set these on top of my dish cabinet...


I've been wanting a Gurgle pot (vase) for a while now...but they can be very pricey to buy!   I've seen them sell for as much as $170 & up for this colour I was able to score on FB Marketplace for $20!!  

They are called Gurgle pots....because they actually gurgle when being poured...from the design of the fish tail I'm guessing.  I can't wait to use mine for a vase...this is the photo from the listing.  I preferred a rust coloured one...but beggars can't be choosers!  The seller listed it for $25...I offered $20 & she accepted!   Score!


I'm enjoying getting my nails done at a new salon...the lady who does them is so talented!  I showed her this photo of how I wanted them done this month....


I couldn't be happier with the results!  I prefer my nails filed a bit square...as opposed to how they are done in the above photo...these are mine...very pretty for June!  




After a quick trip to the pool supply store west of Charlottetown to pick up a couple of gaskets & new hose needed....the pool is up & running.  The water is no longer green...but will take a few days to clear.  

Mr. Seventies is back to work with Paul....building one of three decks they have for upcoming jobs.  He is very happy to be finished the painting marathon!

Be sure and drop by on Monday when I'll be sharing photos of the finished ceilings and rooms!  Have an awesome weekend!!   We plan to celebrate Father's Day with a bar-b-cue & cupcakes for Mr. Seventies & our son-in-law....

Til next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment