Followers

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Recent Buys

We're in for a couple of warm days 30 degrees C (that's 86 F)...warm for here that is.  Perfect pool weather - it's been a struggle getting the pool up & going.  Mr. Seventies needed to replace the backwash hose (we had a new roll) - and I'm not happy with the automatic pool vacuum.  I needed a new brush/head for the manual one - and I can clean manually where it needs to be cleaned.  

It gets very hot on the pool deck - I vacuumed a bit in the afternoon - until it got too hot.  The pool company was here yesterday...the guy was very helpful...no major issues.  He made a couple of great suggestions for opening next year.  Today we will put the steps in & attach the new solar blanket to the reel...and set up my patio umbrella on the small deck. 

The patio furniture covers have seen better days (as in rips in each of them) - I found these on Amazon...and quickly ordered them...I needed two chair covers....and a love seat cover .  Easier to order from Amazon than run from store to store trying to find them....



I have two pretty quilt sets ordered..felt the need to freshen up a couple of bedrooms I guess....this summery one for the guest bedroom....


And for the smaller bedroom...this lovely set in twin size...I'm hoping both sets will look nice with the current curtain panels - I'm not changing those just yet....


I put in another order for these dish towels - they are the best ones I've ever had.  They don't come in an abundance of colours...(not a big deal)...the ones I have now are blue & white....but this colour is fine too.  Super absorbent and wash amazing....and come in a pack of eight!!




I also want to share some cute items I ordered through Temu!  Anyone else order from them?  Just keep in mind shipping takes about two weeks, but I've been very happy with what I've ordered!   Like this adorable iPhone phone cover - for less than $3!!  Fits perfect too!




And how about these adorable table runners?  Will they stand up to multiple washings?  Probably not...but at under $6 each....I'm not concerned.  I remove them anyways when we sit at the table....the first one will be great for the fall....




I have this runner currently on the table...runners are at least $20 or more at Home Sense here....




And a couple of fall garden flags as well!  These run $14.99 & up in the stores here...and at $3-$4 on Temu...(same quality as the stores)....what's not to love?  The are about 12"x18"....and fit my flag hangers perfectly....one for each entrance to the house....




I've mentioned previously I am not a huge fan of coastal decor.  You'd think I would be....living on an Island & all...but keep an eye out for this guy...he may be making an appearance in the family room in the not too distant future....I spotted him on a recent visit to a home decor store here.  Yup....that's a whale!! I'm crushing on the green faux hydrangea...$10 each for one stem though....likely cheaper on-line!  I love to support local....but sometimes it just doesn't make economical sense!



I've picked a few blooms in an attempt to dry them in Silica gel!   The peony buds I have sitting in water...are budding faster than I can keep up!  I have these rhododendron blossoms drying....and a few peonies in another container.  Instructions say to leave them in a dark place (closet) for 5-6 days....I hope they turn out!  If not....nothing ventured-nothing gained right?



Lastly, I picked up this adorable rooster plate for my dish cabinet...$3 at the thrift store!  I didn't see much else....not photo worthy that is....and I wasn't actually in the mood to browse!  With thrifting...you have to be in the mood & take time to actually browse.  The stores were crowded...so I will go another day....evenings are the quietest times...




That's it for now!  I hope you have an awesome day wherever you are & have great weather!  Summer officially starts in two days!!!

Til next time....





No comments:

Post a Comment