Followers

Monday, June 17, 2024

Time To Tour

If you've been following along on my blog, you are aware we scraped our stucco ceilings & repainted & freshened up our kitchen, family room, hallway & front entry!

It was about a three week process....am so happy Mr. Seventies completed it all.... he did an amazing job.  We'll start at the back entry...even though it didn't require painting...it did need a thorough cleaning...and a chance to show off my braided rug...


The entry is small....not a lot of room for storage...Mr. Seventies keeps his ball caps hung up.....when this photo was taken....he was outside staining the small deck & both sets of steps.....


Liesel's look-a-like hanger to hold her harness & leash....gifted to me a number of years ago when I volunteered with dachshund rescue....along with a red dachshund holder I donated to rescue for a fundraising auction that was held.   Does this not look identical to her?


On into the kitchen!!  A before photo - this is where the stucco removal all started....



The results!  Just look at that pretty, non-stucco ceiling!!  I'm loving how my Griptstand bowls look against the wall colour I chose!  It's not an easy job to paint over cabinets... I'm super happy to have a place to display my bowls...



Looking out towards the back entry....there isn't a lot of wall to paint in the kitchen....but I'm crushing on the colour!  If you've been here for a while....you know I don't do beige anything!


Photo was taken prior to windows & shutters getting a good cleaning....Mr. Seventies has since installed the shutters....


My latest purchase from Temu....this adorable tissue holder! Much cuter than a plain tissue box on the counter....this little retro radio does the job...



A before photo of the front entry & a bit of the family room ceilings...ugh is all I can say!



Is it weird that I enjoy staring at my new ceilings?  It is, isn't it?



The family room....with its beautiful new area rug...I pulled the wall colours from the rug mainly...without even having it fully available to view at the time....


I picked up this cute vase at Michael's since it was on clearance....and used a gift card I received at Christmas....




Crushing on the Deacon's bench!!  The perfect spot for it....the throw is one I had in my stash...along with the cushion covers....


My cabinet received a couple coats of fresh paint....happy to have my dishes stored again....
the candles are from Michaels & holders I picked up at Home Sense...(I shared those in an earlier post)...




On to the hallway....Mr. Seventies did some repair work on the ceiling....a look at the before...


An area required new gyproc....there was a large crack in the ceiling....


Our amazing seam filler worked his magic....never under estimate the work of a great seam filler....



Pretty new wall colour in the hallway as well...


And finally, the front entry!  Always a challenge working with sixteen foot ceilings here....thankfully Mr. Seventies has no fear of heights...(unlike myself)...




The view looking from the family room into the front entry....


And that, my friends ends the saga that has been our lives for the past few weeks!  So extremely happy with how everything turned out!  So worth the work....but would never want to do it again!

Please join me later today over at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!!

And tomorrow I'll be sharing with Marty at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ and Joanne at https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays.  

Thank you for sharing a bit of your time with me today.   

Til next time.....







6 comments:

  1. Ah Charlotte, your ceilings look lovely and I totally get how you want to look at them and admire them. Especially if you have been living with something that you don't like. Wow, what a lot of work though. The new living room rug is beautiful and a great match for the walls and pillows. It's all lovely my friend, and I hope you can now relax and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! I'm happy to have my home in order...just in time to enjoy warm temps outside! Hope the water issues there soon end...take good care, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Your "new" home looks fabulous! It was well worth the work of painting ad redoing the ceilings to give it a whole new fresh look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much Joanne! Very happy to have everything done....it was well worth it!! (wouldn't be in a hurry to do it again though...lol).

      Delete
  3. New ceilings look fabulous! I would stare at them too! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty happy how everything turned out!

      Delete