Followers

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Spring Sprucing Up

The weather has been amazing the past few days....and looks to continue into the long Victoria Day weekend...

Mr. Seventies plans to get started staining both decks & steps...starting with the pool deck.  Once both decks are done & thoroughly dry....we will be able to put out the wicker furniture!   Hopefully, in the next week or two we'll get the pool opened & up & running for the summer...it's a lovely shade of green currently....

I discovered when getting Liesel out of her safety seat in the SUV...(we call it her "bucket") .....hers is covered in dark brown washable canvas material like this one in the photo.    It's secured using a seat belt fed through the seat,  as shown here...



Then....this happened...the tether used to secure her....ripped apart.  Now, somewhere in this Seventies Split....I have an extra tether.  And therein lies my issue....we have searched high & low....and cannot find it!  


I was pretty certain I should be able to order a replacement.   One would think it would be an easy fix.  It isn't.  Firstly, the brand name of the seat ....has changed.  It is no longer known under the name Sol Vit...(when I purchased it eons ago)....but now under Pet Safe.   After falling down the google rabbit hole...I found I could order a new tether... the design is a bit different. 

Then I remembered we have a great leather/shoe repair shop here...I took the tether in & it's going to be glued & sewn back together!  It's still sturdy enough for repair....and ready for pick up tomorrow.   Issue resolved. 

As I was cleaning & puttering in the main bedroom....I inadvertently cracked a table lamp on a night stand....twice.  Because smacking it once just wasn't enough!  I set it on the floor while I dusted...and well...when I went to put it back on....I smacked it against the night stand.  Hard.  I set it down to check the damage....and did it again attempting to set it back on the second time.   And they are very noticeable cracks!  

These ones are being delivered today...I like how they have charging ports!   I listen to music...all night...either on my phone or lap top...having the ability to charge at the same time...is such a bonus.  And they are easy lamps to turn on...as you can see in the photo....and I will be more careful this time when cleaning....


I spent three hours the other day out & about running errands....and while it felt great to be mobile again....I was a hurting unit by the time I headed for home.  Between my ankle, my knee and back....I was barely shuffling around!  

I did purchase this pretty crotchet cardigan....this green is my new go to colour...

And a throwback to my teenage years....who doesn't love a granny square crotchet tank?  Looks amazing with a pair of denim shorts.....


I'm obsessed with this little bag....cannot wait to use it!  I love that it's roomy enough to hold my cell phone, wallet & more!  So easy to open and close...my favourite feature.   Have you noticed crotchet anything is so in this summer?  Or maybe it's just me...




I plan to make a quick run & do a couple of errands I didn't get done the other day....then stay off this ankle.  The bruising has lessened...but if I'm on it for any length of time....it tends to ache & swell a bit.    Liesel & I will be supervising Mr. Seventies today!   Every job needs a couple of supervisors!

Til next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment