Followers

Monday, July 22, 2024

More Of My Favourite Finds

As I'm still unable to get out & about on my own....for another couple of weeks...I've had time to do some ordering of all things fall!  Whether it's in the stores or online, things tend to sell out quickly & if you don't order or pick up when you see something you are interested in....it could be gone in a poof!

I am looking forward to seeing the fall goodness in the stores in the coming weeks though....but in the meantime I've ordered a few things on line.  Like this round tray at Michael's...using a 40% off coupon...it's a generous size...


I have plans to use it when decorating for fall & Hallowe'en...but in the meantime it sits on the deacon's bench....


I've been crushing on these dutch ovens for a while now & decided it was time I purchased one!  While I love each colour....I chose one in orange....it's a generous fifteen inches in height.  The Staub one I currently have is much smaller...nothing says you cannot have something larger....



I almost chose to DIY a couple of these ghosts using a tomato cage, styrofoam ball & mini lights under a white sheet, as seen all over You Tube....but Pottery Barn Canada had sets of two that beckoned me!  Can't wait to have them on display on the hearth.   Yup....I'm obsessed....



I came across this adorable chicken for my cabinet!  The colours are awesome...I'm certain I can squeeze her in...


I had a sweater similar to this before my weight loss & loved wearing it when out & about.  I ordered this one in a size medium for this fall...


Mr Seventies had the misfortune, while detailing the SUV....of having two vacuums quit!  He uses an old Dirt Devil for cleaning the vehicle....and in mid clean - it quit working.  He decided to finish the job....using our Miele canister vacuum.  He didn't get into cleaning with it long, when it succumbed as well!  It was getting on in years...we've had it for a while.  He is convinced there is fault with the outside plug...and will have an electrician check it out before using it again.

That left us with no vacuum!  We decided for now to pick up a Bissell canister from Wal Mart to use until we decide which vacuum we wish to go with for the main part of the house.  Since we have mostly hardwood & tile floors...the bagless canister vacuums work well.   While I absolutely love the Miele...and they are worth every penny....they are very expensive.  Do we want to invest in another one?   Need to consider a couple more options...so went with this one in the meantime....

We are having a family day tomorrow!  Both daughters & their families are coming for a pool day & visit!  I'm so looking forward to it....and the weather looks promising!! 

Join me later today over at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!   I'll be hanging out again tomorrow at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday and https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays.  Drop over & check out some awesome bloggers participating in the link parties!!  Hope to see you there...

Til next time.....








10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Charlotte, I love those ghosts. They are so cute and I'm going to check out Pottery Barn online. No time for DIYing here these days lol. Yes, I'm sure you'll be able to squeeze the new chicken in and those dutch ovens are super cute and the orange is perfect. And fall is in the stores already - at least in HomeSense - since I know you're not out and about yet. In HomeSense they had one aisle already filled with Halloween stuff lol. Take care down there sweet friend and enjoy your poor and lovely weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those ghosts adorable! I'm a little bit obsessed with Pottery Barn....lol! Have an awesome day, my friend!!

      Delete
  2. The little pumpkin dutch ovens are my favorite! How darling. Visiting from Talking About it Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome.. wonderful to have you here!! Loving the Dutch ovens too!!!

      Delete
  3. OMG! The pumpkin Dutch ovens are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne! Love shopping for fall!!

      Delete
  5. Sorry about your dead vacuums. I love miele, and remind my husband how much they cost everytime he uses it. I've never seen a pumpkin dutch oven before. It is pretty cute. The chicken looks lovely and will give a nice country vibe to everything. It is nice to see one busy making themselves happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne & a warm welcome!! Wonderful to have you! Thank you for your sweet words - and I am a firm believer in making oneself happy!!

      Delete