Followers

Friday, July 26, 2024

Quick Trip Around The Thrift Store

I enjoyed a little outing the other day & visited the thrift store!  It wasn't a long excursion....but wonderful to get out just the same!

I don't know why I found these little snails adorable!  Kind of wishing I had gotten them...although not sure I had a purpose for them...and there was two of them!



And who doesn't love a pair of turtles??  Hard to resist right?

And I'd say someone's project in ceramic class!   Who doesn't appreciate an adorable pig mug tho...


The one on the left is an electric candle warmer....you set a glass jar candle in it, plug it in & it will heat up the candle with no flame involved.  The other was not electric...but a candle holder....



The original price on the back of this ceramic platter was $9.99....thinking it could have been priced a couple of dollars lower....but we all know the prices in thrift stores these days....


There was a stack of these pie plates available!  If ever I was struck with the urge to bake a pie...this is the pie plate I would want!! (99.9% sure that urge isn't going to strike btw)....



I didn't have a great deal of time to browse....as Mr. Seventies was idling in the parking lot!  Even being assured to take my time....I cannot when someone is waiting for me!  Only 6 days left on my driving restriction...I cannot wait to be able to get around myself!!

We spent the most amazing day with our daughters, their husbands & our grand children!  The day was perfect, the barbecue was delicious....and we had fun splashing around in the pool & catching up!  I didn't want the day to end!

Daughter from Nova Scotia brought the Gripstand bowl I purchased on Marketplace from a seller in her town.  I have room for one more atop my cabinets!!!  The one on the far right is the newest addition...


I finally found a set of these Pioneer Woman coffee mugs!  (they have been discontinued I'm pretty sure).   Once sold at Wal Mart....they are never available in store or their website.  I've seen them also in white & teal...they are as rare to find as hen's teeth!!  I've currently have a red set of four....they are our go-to mugs....but four is just not enough!

When I came across them on eBay.ca ....I submitted an offer & once accepted...they were quickly shipped & are on their way!!   Now we will have a set of eight!!

  


Showers are in the forecast today....Mr. Seventies has been recruited to install new faux wood blinds in daughter's home....I've offered to launder & press (now that I have starch) her curtain panels.  Tomorrow is looking like the perfect line drying day!

I took advantage of a previously warm day & sun to launder our feather bed pillows & finish drying them in the hot sun!  (after time spent in the dryer).....

Have you been watching the news reports about the wild fires in Alberta?  My heart breaks for the residents and wildlife in & around Jasper!  We spent a few days in the beautiful town of Jasper during our trip to Alberta...it reminded me so much of the little village I was raised in.  Jasper is a "railroad" town...as was my home town.  As a child, I fell asleep each night  to the sounds of trains coming & going....Jasper was like going home!  Wild fires cause such damage & destruction....very, very sad....

Please keep Jasper in your prayers....thanks so much for spending a bit of your time with me.  Til next time....


 


No comments:

Post a Comment