Followers

Monday, September 24, 2018

Relaxing Weekend

Spent the weekend relaxing, packing away summer clothes and bringing out warmer fall and winter wear.  It is hard to believe this is the final full week of September!

Mr. Seventies spent some time cleaning out the garden a bit...still lots of corn left...and he picked 10 squash and set them to dry.  We counted only 4 "blue" pumpkins...out of 10 seeds we planted...but I'm happy to have that many!!  We didn't pick them yet...going to let them mature a bit more in the garden...as long as we don't get a hard frost before then.

We received an order of tulip bulbs from Veseys...got those planted on Saturday...and then Mr. Seventies planted some at our daughter's house.  We had strong winds on Friday night...a tree fell on her back deck...so yesterday he took his chainsaw and cut it up and a friend hauled off the wood.

I dropped into my favourite decor store on Saturday...a few of my favourite picks...

A huge Christmas stocking for Santa to fill!!   Oh, what fun that would be!!



I was crushing hard on this awesome canvas painting...were it not for a couple of things.  Firstly, it is framed...which I'm not a fan of.  Framing makes the canvas much heavier..and in my opinion totally un-necessary.  And second, what are the gold splotches of paint supposed to represent?  The only thing I could come up with was fire flies?  Maybe?  But it looks more like a fall or winter setting.  
Other than those two things....I love this painting.  




What surprised me the most was their selection of fall cushions.  Or lack thereof!  This was the only one I saw!!  Thankfully, after moving them to the back of the store for months...they returned them to more convenient shelves to looks at them!   Not sure whose idea it was to move them in the first place...but it was impossible to check them out!  Made no sense to me..and I'm certain cushion sales dropped off due to the poor location in the store. 



 Got a chuckle upon seeing this dish towel!


Just a cute sign for fall!  


My friend, has a boxer...and this would look amazing on her door step!  You can bet if they had a dachshund...it would be on my step!!


If you've heard in the news tornados touched down in Ottawa and Quebec over the weekend!  Thankfully, my two nephews and their families in Ottawa are safe..were able to return to their homes and power was restored a few hours ago.  Very scary ordeal!!  So much destruction!

On a happier note...have a wonderful day!!






No comments:

Post a Comment