Followers

Friday, September 21, 2018

Summer Is Coming to a Close

In a few days it will officially be fall!  To say the summer flew by...is an under statement!  We had a beautiful, hot summer though...a huge shout out to Mother Nature!

The temps have dropped...the thermometer reads 6 degrees this morning...had it not been for cloud cover...I suspect we may have had frost.  Mr. Seventies has been busy the last couple of days...getting the pool ready for winter, removing the pump, putting away deck furniture...and planting of spring bulbs.  Tomorrow we are forecast for rain and high winds...a common theme in September and October....as we usually get the tail end of storms that move up the eastern seaboard...bringing rain and winds.  We will get beautiful fall days...this is my favourite time of year...from now until Christmas.

I was out and about for a bit yesterday...seems the stores are confused whether to show case Halloween products....or Christmas decor!   Some cute inflatables...which in my mind...would last about five minutes with our winds.  But folks do put them out...and are able to secure them down...good on them.


And right directly below them?   Holiday inflatables!  Summer is barely ending...and all ready they are pushing the holidays upon us.  I understand it's retail...but it makes one feel like I'm behind in my preparations...when in fact we are weeks away from Christmas.     We haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving...although Mr. Seventies reminded me it's only three weeks away!!



While at Winners...I came across this adorable doxie cushion!  I did purchase it...but as a favour for a fellow doxie enthusiast.  She could not find one in her area...so I offered to pick it up if I saw it here.


Still recovering from oral surgery...with the miserable forecast tomorrow...it's a great day to snuggle up inside with a little wire hair!!  Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment