Followers

Monday, December 10, 2018

Coffee Table Done Gone!!

Not sure if you remember our large, very heavy (91 lbs to be exact) coffee table.  Oh, how I love that coffee table!

Not a great photo..but trust me...it is huge!  Too huge for the room, sadly!


And everyone and their dog..has stubbed their toes on the wheels that jut out on either end!  I felt that people would get used to having the wheels stick out...until I happen to be the one who stubbed a toe!!  And I gave it such a good whack...if it isn't broken...is very badly bruised!!  And the air might have turned a bit blue when I struck it!!  Just sayin'....

I finally gave up the fight for it...and had every intention of having it carted off to Habitat for Humanity.  Then I decided to post it for sale on our local Facebook marketplace...and a few hours later...I was a few hundred dollars richer...and the table is gone!!  Off to do damage to other toes!  The buyer said she had a large family room...(heart be still)...and had lots of room for it.  So it is a win for both of us.  And...I gotta admit...we are loving the open space.  I don't know if I will replace the table with something smaller....I'll wait until after the holidays, when furniture and things get back to normal and decide then. 

I love my Mac!  And will never go back to a PC...but Macs are prone to viruses...just not as often as PCs.  So, over the weekend...my laptop went wonky.  And I knew immediately I had problems.  I contacted Apple...who..btw...have exceptional tech support...and was advised to download a malware program and run it.  And that seemed to set things right...with the exception to losing every password that was previously saved!  A real pain in the rear to have to set up all new passwords...cause of course I had none written down...and ya....there is no way one brain can remember dozens of passwords!  I mentioned to Mr. Seventies that I was considering purchasing a new Mac...but was advised strongly not to.  Hmmm....maybe there will be a new laptop in my Christmas stocking?

And...poor Liesel...who over the last little while has been having skin issues.  She has needed antibiotic injections twice (she does not tolerate antibiotic medications)  and when she had her annual checkup a couple of weeks ago...our vet said her skin appeared dry.  She gets an Omega oil tablet daily...but we noticed her licking quite a bit yesterday...and upon inspection...she has two irritations...one under each leg.  I applied Polysporin and hauled a t shirt on her to keep her from further licking (beats wearing a cone...which would be a nightmare for all of us).  I sent a quick email off to our vet...for his guidance and will wait to hear what steps he wants to take.    One of our previous dachshunds, Oskar...was prone to skin infections...his were food allergy related.  Not certain yet what is giving Liesel such issue...but we will get to the bottom of it.

The weather was very cold over the weekend with -18 windchill over night.  Keeping close to the wood stove these days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment