Followers

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

It's Beginning To Look A Little Like Christmas

Can you believe we are into December already?  It's a busy time of year...but my favourite time of year for sure!

I think we are ready in the family room...and here is our fun Christmas tree!!  I love this tree...we purchased it a couple of years ago....after searching for a flocked tree for quite some time.  They are just starting to gain popularity here, as I've seen more available in stores.  And this one is prelit...no fussing with strings of lights.   The elf feet, snowmen and lollipop picks are from Michaels...either purchased during BOGO or using coupons!   The balls are from Dollarama...and I posted previously regarding the top hat tree top!!  Luv, luv, luv it!!  You can't see the tree skirt, but it is black and red buffalo check....matches our stockings!

The dachshund canvas was a gift from a dear friend a few years ago...she knows me well!  And I love how it sits perfectly in our tree!!


The fireplace and mantle was easy to add some Christmas flair....the candles in the lanterns on the hearth are solar...they look very festive at night!  



These wreaths were fun to put together...the strips of ribbon are actually fabric I had on hand...and the buffalo check stars....from Dollarama.  



Liesel loves to hop up on the sofa and snuggle with the santa pillow!  


And Christmas would not be complete without my much beloved nativity set...each piece was lovingly selected and collected...


A closer view from last year...I love the detail in each piece...


A little vignette I put together...using miniature trees and cars...and faux snow...


And we have a bit of a mystery on our hands.  I received these adorable paw prints in the mail...with no name from the sender!  There is a return address on the padded envelope....but I don't know anyone who resides in Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia!

Aren't they adorable?  One for by grand dog Benson...the other for Liesel!  They are made to hang...will tuck Liesel's into our tree, as will Benson's Mom & Dad! 

Whoever sent them, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  They are precious and mean the world to me.  If I uncover the sender...I will let ya'll know!  



So, that's a peek at the family room ready for Christmas.  Mr. Seventies and I are attending a dinner theatre at the Charlottetown Rodd Hotel...."Christmas in Kandahar".. it is the musical presentation (complete with a full Christmas dinner).  











No comments:

Post a Comment