Followers

Monday, December 3, 2018

Outdoor Christmas Decorating

Saturday was the perfect day to get outside and put up Christmas lights, make planters and put together a couple of wreaths.

First, Mr. Seventies got busy trimming some branches...


Quite a pile he's got there..we saved the base from last year's wreath...


And I snipped a few sprigs from our holly bush...



Lots of holly to choose from!



While he was attaching branches to the wreath form with heavy gauge wire....I was filling the pot for the back door entrance....and looks who is back this year?  My sweet lil' baby reindeer!!




Took me no time at all to fill a pot with fresh greens, branches, a bright red Christmas ball and pretty bow!  The wreath, other than the bow...I left natural!!

Then I gathered up a few branches, some holly and wired them together...and attached a bow (from the ribbon I had previously purchased at the thrift shop).  I used my EZ Bowmaker to put the bows together.   Easy peasy...


For the front of the house...I put some blue balls in two of my lanterns (balls also from the thrift store)...added a couple of bows...and love how they look!  I used my crock again this year, added some branches, a couple of small birch logs, holly and a bow...and set it on the step in front of the Merry Christmas sign.  



I went out last evening to get a photo after dark...to the far right..we have a projector that projects pretty red and green snowflakes onto the house...they didn't show up in the photo...and the battery in my camera went dead and needed a recharge.  Mr. Seventies put some lights on the outside tree and a floodlight illuminates the wreath on the front door.  




Since we put together a wreath and pot full of boughs for daughter and her hubby, after Sunday dinner...they took them home...and she took an after dark photo as well...she has a few more things to put out...but wanted to share her wreath and pot of fresh greenery...



Still considering the cupcake planters...not sure if they are something that will withstand our harsh outside weather.   Have to give it a bit more consideration...and a lot will depend on our weather.   I'm quite happy with what we accomplished on Saturday.

Stay tuned....we did some indoor decorating in the family room!  





No comments:

Post a Comment