Followers

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

My Love of Gripstand Bowls!!

I was lucky enough to add another Gripstand bowl to my "collection".  (I guess five constitutes as a collection).   There are similar bowls produced in China...but mine are all made in England.

This one popped up on our FB Marketplace page....in excellent condition!!



You can see on the bottom where it identifies where it has been made...


This one is 12 1/2" in diameter...they come in all different sizes.   I have two that are very precious to me...one belonged to my mother-in-law and another was my friend's mother who passed away and she and I were close.  I love all my bowls...but those two are dear to me.  Another one I purchased at the antique/junk store in Summerside.  These bowls, in some antique shops...are very pricey!!  I don't think I've paid more than $25 for one...and I always make certain they are stamped Made in England.   

They are stored on my cupboard tops...but are super durable and could be used daily!  I just love to admire them!  And dust them...

On another note....Liesel is a bit under the weather.  She usually sees our vet once a year...staying relatively healthy.  She has seen him three times in as many weeks...her annual check up, dental surgery...and yesterday for a bit of a skin irritation.

She was prescribed anti-itch medication and cream to be applied twice daily.....you can see how thrilled she is being forced to wear a t-shirt to prevent licking!!  It's either a t shirt or cone...and she would be super unhappy wearing a cone!!  I think she looks festive....in a Boston Red Sox jersey!!  
We've also changed her diet...in case she is developing food sensitivities.  Which apparently is a thing.  



We've got some milder weather on the way...rain for the weekend!  We seldom have a white Christmas...which is fine by me.  I love a green Christmas!!





No comments:

Post a Comment