Followers

Monday, August 26, 2019

Little Touch of Fall in the Air

Our temperatures have dropped....especially overnight.  We keep the solar blanket on the pool at night...we may get a few more dips in before we close it for the season.
We've enjoyed the pool immensely this summer with hot, humid and dry weather.

When the weather changes...it's time to focus on the inside now.  I hope to gather up my fall decor and pillows....they are sort of tucked away here and there.  My first plan of action is to pick up a couple more plastic tote bins...so that I am able to have everything in one spot when not in use.

I plan to hit up Michael's and Dollarama today....remember my antique potato basket?  I think I could put together an awesome (and large) fall arrangement.  



Ribbons are BOGO at Michael's currently....I picked up two rolls so far...I may pick up a couple more, since one roll will make one bow.


The gardens have supplied beautiful flowers for weeks now....I picked a pretty fall bouquet...


Mr. Seventies planted cat nip and since our neighbours have a new feline...we have some drying in the storage shed,  I couldn't understand why he planted cat nip...he advised bees love it!  And we need our bees hard at work.  I have some little bags left over from making lavender sachets....I'll put together a few bags for Ginger...the neighbour's new kitty.  Not sure why Liesel loves cat nip too...but she would rip the sachet apart...and we've have dried cat nip everywhere.  Depending on how many bags I'm able to put together...if there are a number of them I'm going to check with our Humane Society and see if they can be donated for the cats and kittens in their care. 

And one little rant!  I've been considering getting a wooden blank box or storage box for a coffee table.  I miss having one...to place things on if nothing else.  I found one...but it's over an hour away...so I checked one on a particular store's website.  I've noticed this store does this frequently...a wooden crate coffee table was priced at $295...delivery extra.  I don't require delivery...it will fit in the SUV.  Currently, they are running a "sale"...offering "free delivery".  The price of the crate currently is $349.  They've increased the price to accommodate the so called free delivery offer.  So annoys me.  If I were to purchase one...I want to pay the $295...without the free shipping.  If I have time...I'm going to drop in today.  

Our SUV is going back in the garage sometime this week....we need two new gas tanks (apparently it has two).  Our mechanic ordered the parts required....it will be great to get that work completed.

And the best news of all...we are going to be grandparents again!  Our daughter and hubby are expecting their first baby, after a number of challenges.  Due to those challenges, she is required to have numerous scans and ultra sounds...some are performed here...another at the IWK in Halifax.  But to date, everything is progressing perfectly.  I truly believe in the power of prayer...

And guess who gets to decorate the nursery?  If you guessed me...you would be right!  We've decided to do the room in, what else...dachshund theme.  Remember the quilt I had previously given them?
It's perfect crib size...and is my starting off point.  Won't begin the nursery until after Christmas...I have a lot of ideas swirling around in my head...not to mention a list of wants on the go.



Our grand daughter, Grace had a great visit with us last week.  The house feels so quiet...settling into our slower routines.  It's darker so much earlier in the evenings now...I'm okay with that.  Fall to Christmas is my absolute favourite time of year!  Cool, crisp days..the gorgeous colours Ma Nature gives us, Pumpkin Spice everywhere...and the smell of fresh apples!  What's not to love??








No comments:

Post a Comment