Followers

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

New Slipcovers

It hasn't been that long since I had slipcovers made and in all honesty...they just weren't cutting it.  Firstly...the material was not made for slipcovers...nor was it holding up.  There were rips in the seams and the zipper on the corner of the sofa broke.  I don't sew....nor do I know anything about material...and I feel guidance in that area was lacking when I had them done.   The fabric I had chosen would be fine for drapes or bedding...but not for upholstery in a room that get's used daily.

Secondly, the seat covers were too big...so much so the seamstress sent batting to stuff in the covers.  Not a great solution.  It was just a matter of time before I got frustrated and fed up.

Last spring I began looking for experienced seamstresses or companies that could do custom slipcovers.  The first company I contacted presented themselves as Canadian....but I had suspicion they were located in China,  Turn around time for answers to my queries was minimum 24 hours...and responses came in the middle of the night.  At their request, numerous times I was asked to measure and re-measure my furniture.  I think I measured the furniture minimum 20 times.  And kept getting asked for more measurements!   Finally I had enough and said thanks but no thanks.

Then I found Suzy Slipcovers (in Ontario) and I would receive timely answers to my questions, guidance on which fabric is best for slipcovers, proper measuring and the amount of time it would take from start to completion (about two weeks).    The slipcovers arrived a few days ago...and I couldn't be more pleased!  They fit like the seamstress had been in my home and did the measuring...the covers fit perfect!  She is really, really good at making slipcovers!

The fabric I ordered is a soft canvas material...highly suitable for daily use, pets and wash and wear!  Slipcovers were made for the love seat, chair and sofa....


I love the soft, casual look of slipcovers....they slip on with ease...no tugging or pulling required...


Very happy to freshen up the love seat as well...I'm so glad I did....again covers fit to perfection....


For the first time, I am 100% happy with these covers.  Even the original slipcovers were not of this fabric quality.....

I have began to gather up items for my potato basket arrangement...Michaels are having BOGO on their fall flowers and 80% off summer flowers.  The green squares are blocks of styrofoam...I'll either wedge them to the bottom of the basket or use a drop of hot glue to secure them.  I still need to pick up a few more things and ribbon for bows....


As I was heading into Superstore the other day I spotted this pumpkin trio....maybe a cute addition to the front step this fall...


And speaking of fall, we've had some fall temps the last few days.  Today is supposed to be 25 degrees and sunny...plan to take full advantage of the beautiful day!









No comments:

Post a Comment