Followers

Friday, August 30, 2019

Trouble in Paradise?

I was shocked when I visited our Home Sense store a few days ago.  I knew the moment the doors parted and stepped inside....something was missing.   My first surprise...where is all the fall home decor?  As a rule....new seasonal inventory starts as soon as you get inside.  I stood there for a few minutes....blinking and not believing what I was taking in...the first aisle was displaying various canvas totes and bags?  Where was all the fall and (dare I say it) Halloween decor?
Certainly not show cased...or the first things I see.  My spidey senses were tingling....


Thinking I was over reacting (in my mind) I continued on....only to see shelves empty....


What's this?  More empty shelving?  This is just not something you see when shopping Home Sense. Now...some might think...maybe new stock coming in?  Usually, when I'm there...I'm half annoyed because every aisle I turn there is a staff member putting out new goods!  Supposedly, Home Sense gets new stock daily....or that is what I was told by an employee a few months ago.  I saw two cashiers and one employee on the floor....



I'm not sure what is supposed to be displayed here....but clearly...there is a bit of nothing....


Ahhh....found it!!  Err...what??  This is the seasonal decor section?  A bit lacking to say the least...reminded me of the remnants of a flea market....



And something I have never seen at Home Sense....dead floor space....areas of nothing..




I attempted to quash my fear but maybe things are not all that great in Camelot!!  And Winners apparently is rumoured to be in the same desolate situation...although I have not been in to check things out for myself. 

I would be very saddened if Home Sense/Winners are falling on hard times.  I'm going to do some sleuthing and check things out again in a few days....

To satisfy my need to see all things fall...I knew Michael's would not let me down.  And it didn't...


Their fall and Halloween decor are in great abundance.....and satisfied my obsession with pillows...


Which were on BOGO....and I was content just to see them...awesome opportunity for anyone wanting to switch from summer to fall...Mr Seventies would likely faint if I brought home more pillows...so I'm content with switching out pillow covers...


I'm waiting for ribbons to go on sale again...but might check out their summer floral...at 80% off it's worth a second look. 

While Liesel was being groomed yesterday...and traffic being tied up for miles on the route to her groomers (a new round about going in)...I decided to stay in the vicinity and popped into Lawton's Drug Store...which has an awesome giftware section...with everything 40% off.  I picked up some fall pieces for my new coffee table/trunk...two adorable mice carrying pumpkins and a red truckload of fall goodies.  My vintage girl and her doxies fit right in on the far right....



My friend messaged me last evening....she was unable to locate the dachshund canvas in Moncton, at Winners.  I so appreciate her taking the time to check for me....I did see it here a few weeks back...but that was before I knew I was preparing a nursery...dachshund style.  I'll keep a keen eye open now for sure.

Off to run errands today and meet a friend for coffee.  Wishing everyone a Happy Labor Day on Monday!  Have a great weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment