Followers

Thursday, August 29, 2019

New Blanket Box/Coffee Table

Remember a few days ago when I wrote about the blanket box I was crushing on...until they raised the price to include shipping?  Yesterday, I stopped in to the shop and asked to see it.  And wouldn't you know it...it was perfect in every way.  Exactly the size I was needing....fit in with my decor and new end tables...and I really wanted it.  In chatting with two sales people...I was having no luck in getting it for the original price...sans shipping.  I decided it wasn't meant to be and left a little broken hearted.

I realized when I was in the shop next door....I must have laid my car keys down in the previous shop..so I went back.  The sales girl approached me with my keys...and advised if I still wanted the blanket box...I could have it for the original price stated last week!  Of course, I did!  There was a reason I left my keys behind, right?  It was meant to be!  Perfect size and storage for extra throws and pillows!


The shop requested I send photos when I got it home (it fit in the SUV and my awesome son-in-law carried it in the house).  I sent this photo off...and the shop replied stating I had wonderful decorating skills, gave me a 20% off coupon for anything else I may purchase and put the photo on their FB page!  I was pleased to hear they liked my decor...it's just colours and textures I love.

Prior to stopping in to view the coffee trunk (that's what I'll call it) I drove to Value Village to drop off my old slipcovers. The young man who took the box gave me a 20% off my next purchase...no time like the present.  I haven't been in to Value Village in 2-3 months.  Glad I went in...look what I came across...doxie salt and pepper shakers in perfect condition for $3.99.


See this beautiful butter dish jogged my memory a bit...my daughter and her hubby use butter as opposed to margarine...and I thought this would be something they could use...


I was right, it was exactly what they were needing.  I paid $4.99 for it...so happy they love it.

And this table runner caught my eye...it will fit our kitchen table, when it is extended. Perfect colour for fall....it's folded over in the photo...it's 72" long...


I thought originally it may have come from Home Sense...but the tag states Pier 1!!  My all time favourite shop!!  $3.99 was the price tag...and everything I purchased was 20% off using the coupon!



It washed and pressed beautifully and looks brand new!  Can't wait to put it on my table!

Since I'm going to be decorating my grand baby's nursery...I saw this posted in a Dachshund group I, which I am a member of.  This canvas is located at Winners in Moncton...and my friend happens to be going to Moncton today!  She is going to see if it is still available and if so, pick it up for me.  Fingers crossed it is still there...


Liesel has a grooming appointment today...getting freshened up for fall!!  We have some rain coming tonight...and we really need it.  The lawns are pretty brown and crispy.  We are closing the pool this weekend, putting away the pool floats and putting deck furniture & rugs away.  Perfect time to do it...since this is a long weekend.  Schools start up here next week...where did the summer go?



No comments:

Post a Comment