Followers

Monday, October 7, 2019

My Visit To Inspired Living Home Decor

I didn't think it was possible to have such an amazing home decor shop so close to our home....and me not realize it was there!  But it's true!  I only became aware of Inspired Living a few weeks back...so one afternoon my Bestie and I decided it was time to check out this spot for ourselves!

Oh my...it did not disappoint!  It was like walking into Christmas World!!  The owner and shopkeep greeted us warmly...and I heard another shopper asked if this was a Christmas store.  While it was chock full of holiday magic...from early spring to fall...the shop takes on a more cottage/country decor look and feel.  We'll have to wait til April or May to see it then as the shop closes once Christmas is over.  But in the meantime...Old World Santas...


I did not have the opportunity to take too many photos...the shop is small and a number of shoppers browsing about....I'm crushing hard on this gorgeous sleigh...could see this as part of an outdoor display....


And who doesn't love a mischievous elf?  


I love nutcrackers...of any size and colour....


And to what did my wandering eye appear?  No...not a reindeer...even better!!  A Santa Doxie!!  You can bet he came home with me!  He was the only one...and doubtful more will be coming in!  Which is a little sad...as all my doxie peeps are enamoured with him as much as I am!  The shop could sell a dozen or more...just a heads up to the shop owner!!  There are crazy dachshund obsessed people in your own back yard!!

I have plans to set him under our tree! No outdoor weather for him...he is not built to withstand our harsh weather!


One evening this week we attend a class to make a pumpkin door wreath (held by Inspired Living)...looking forward to that.  And a local interior designer hosts an evening of decorating for Christmas workshop and another evening of  house tours (local homes all decked out for Christmas.)  There is a bus that takes participants from home to home...snacks and hot beverages provided along the way!  That event sold out last year before I was even aware of it...so this year I am on the ball to secure a few tickets to attend!!

I have a list started of items I will need...I plan to do a small Christmas display in our front entry.  And if you've read my blog... you know how small our entry is and a challenge it can be.  But I have a couple of ideas in mind.  Some weekend in November Mr. Seventies bring out all the Christmas decor....so I can see what I have already, want to pick up or pass on.  Now when my daughter sees something new I have procured...she says "Oh, I have the perfect spot for that!".... knowing it will likely get passed on to her!!

I've been seeing these cuties or ones similar around in stores and online everywhere.  There are dozens of You Tube videos demonstrating how to make them....regardless...I am on the look out for a couple...Christmas gnomes!!   Such cuteness right there!!



My third (and final?  maybe?) real born doll is completed.  She is Jia Mayleen...and of Asian descent.  Liesel is very smitten with the dolls.  Each doll comes with it's own certificate of authenticity...and a record of her weight ( 5 lbs. 3 oz.) and length.  The creator of the reborn dolls here is amazing at her craft...talent beyond my comprehension.   I think she may be the last one in my collection....but there are so many possibilities...I'm smitten with a Down's syndrome male baby....who will be wearing little eyeglasses.  So....never say never....


Before we know it....our new grand baby will be arriving in the spring!  Everything is going really well....after Christmas we will be full on nursery throttle mode!!

Breezy and cool here today...perfect day to snuggle up indoors!!






No comments:

Post a Comment