Followers

Monday, October 28, 2019

Scoping Out Christmas Goodies

As a little pick me up, my daughter and I did a little browsing and shopping for Christmas decor and baby items for our new arrival due in March.  Only a few more days until the gender reveal!  We are so excited to find out....although Mr. Seventies is convinced baby is a boy.  Hmmm...

Many years ago, when ceramic trees were all the rage...I had painted a few green ones in ceramics class...and bucked the trend and painted a pink one as well!  Instead of lights on the tree...I made & attached with glue small bows.  One year in particular....I noticed the tree had been broken...and a very poor attempt to glue it back together!   Daughter fessed up she had knocked it over and hoped that I would not "notice" her failed glue repair!  Fast forward all these years...and look what was old is new again....and I purchased the last one available at Inspired Living....



We made a quick trip around Michael's...and did you know you can order online and pick up your order in the store?  A-w-e-s-o-m-e!!   I did just that...as their BOGO sale was just too good to pass up...and remember my cushion obsession?  I couldn't say no to this jolly fellow...


For my free item, I chose an 18" tree made with ball ornaments.  I didn't get a photo...but will once I pick up my order.

I really wanted this cushion...but it was not available on line...so many need to pick it up in store...


Look at this gorgeous display at Michael's....just had to get a photo....



A couple of other cute items...



I am obsessed with these peppermint trees...they come in two sizes....I think I may have to get a couple...


We've been keeping our eyes open for an area rug for grand baby's nursery...a friend has a FB page where she posted a photo of this gorgeous rug!  The minute I showed it to daughter...she knew it was exactly what she was looking for!

So the search began...and Wayfair did not disappoint!  The rug was ordered and is due to be delivered today!  The description states the rug is Boucle...it should be soft under the feet!  And will be a beautiful addition to the nursery!


It was our grand daughter Charly's birthday celebration over the weekend...and she wanted a "Zombie" party!  She and her little friends were all dressed as zombies as well!  Just. my freaky family folks!!



I am very sad to report my friend Chris passed away early Saturday morning.  Our lives will be forever changed...it all seems surreal.  Knowing her as the loving person she was...she would not want people to stop living and celebrating the joys in their lives.  

Mr. Seventies and I share a very special day tomorrow...and he has an upcoming birthday as well.  Wait ti you see the cake on order for his day!!

Hope you make this an awesome day...and come back tomorrow and we'll catch up again!!









No comments:

Post a Comment