Followers

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Busy Couple of Days

Mr. Seventies has been working away at the back entry.  He installed the new back door handle...and plunger (closes the door)....simple white handle....


And the plunger installed on the inside.  I asked about replacing the metal threshold...but apparently it is attached to the door frame.  Mr. Seventies advised he will clean it with steel wool and/or sandpaper and it will look new.....I was happy to hear that...


I made a quick trip to the hardware store to pick up supplies needed...dry wall sparkle to fill and smooth holes and foam to fill a hole in the gyproc....this product is perfect for the job....goes on pink...and dries white...


And a small can of foam spray to fill the hole.  Great product...takes 24 hours to set and harden...then can be speckled, sanded & painted...



I picked up a new blade for cutting the floor tiles and a tube of Gorilla glue...just to add a dab or two to each tile for extra adhesive.  The glue may not be required....but it can't hurt to have it on hand and experiment with it...


Current status of the entry....today begins the job of ripping up the carpeting on the back stairs....




Since Mr. Seventies plans to paint the entry ceiling as well....its a good time to replace the boob light fixture there.  I love this one...and it's a semi flush mount...and does not hang down low enough to interfere with the back door opening and closing...it's black...so will co-ordinate with the black & white floor tiles...



I checked out a few paint chips...and am leaning towards something along the gray lines...haven't made my decisions firm yet.

As I was making my way home from the hardware store...I swung into a drive through and brought home a treat for Mr. Seventies....(and Liesel...enjoys a small bite or two of a plain donut ball)...



The cover I ordered from Amazon for the outdoor wicker love seat arrived...and it fits perfectly.  I measured beforehand and ordered the 48" wide size (also comes larger).  It has straps so the cover can be secured if the wind happens to come up.  I'm very pleased with the quality of the cover...it even comes with it's own storage bag.  It's not light & flimsy....the quality is excellent.




I do wish the delivery drivers would heed my sign though!  Although...it really makes no difference to Liesel if they ring the bell or knock on the door to alert they have left a package....she is the best doorbell anyone could have....


So this funny incident happened a few days ago.  It took daughter, her husband and father to install a car seat in our vehicle for grand baby.  In doing so...daughter set her cell phone on the roof of our SUV.  And forgot it there!!

We drove 12 minutes home...through three round abouts....and heavy traffic & upon arrival home our son-in-law called to inquire if the phone was on the roof.  Suspecting it had likely flown off...I was happy to report...it was still there!!  Just as I found it...


Our daughter was relieved...and promised never to tease her Dad again on how slow he drives!!  Now if Mama had been driving...it might have been a whole different story...lol!!

I plan to shop around today and hopefully find durable carpeting...likely a Berber loop carpet.  Very durable and easy maintenance for high traffic areas...such as stairs.  I suspect whatever I choose will need to be ordered...so there will likely be a delay or a while before it arrives....

So that's it from here...we had a torrential downpour last evening and overnight...really helped break the cycle of humidity we've been having the last few days.  My begonia flower pots are tucked under the outdoor furniture covers to prevent them from getting water logged.

Have an awesome day where ever you are today!  




No comments:

Post a Comment