Followers

Monday, July 12, 2021

Busy Few Days....

There's been a whole lotta painting going on!  The shutters and flower boxes are finished...and re-installed.   The exterior trim around the doors has also been been given a fresh coat of paint.  Front and back entrance doors have been painted...here is a sneak peek...



Love, love, love the teal!  This just makes me want to get the back entry redone...lol.  It never ends!   The front door looks amazing....once the front step is re-stained...I'll share photos.  And...I may have Mr. Seventies convinced to have a new front concrete walkway poured....in the fall.  What would it hurt to have them come and do an estimate....right?  

Since the next few days the forecast is calling for hot & dry...we have a broken seal in the bottom half of the window in the main bath.  Mr. Seventies can pop the window out & we will drop it off at the glass shop to have it replaced.

I wanted a sign to hang on the front of the house..Mr. Seventies cut me a couple of boards (one for each entrance)...and they were given a couple of coats of teal paint.  I popped into Michaels...and picked up stencils...(not going to lie...I'm not in love with the sign...but it will do for now)...it was low cost & Mr. Seventies thinks it's great...he hung a completed one at the front door.   I'll keep my eye open for one I love a bit more...



We also went to the greenhouse to pick up petunias for the flower boxes.  Being so late in the season...flowers were half price!  We only needed eight potted flowers...so sixteen dollars was pretty cheap.  And they add a pop of colour...even if they only last a few weeks.  It's hot at the front of the house...so they need watering every couple of days.

While in Michaels...you guessed it...fall decor is being put out!  I'm okay with that....I love fall!  Still want to enjoy the next few short weeks of summer though.    The price on this wreath gave me heart palpitations though...$79!!  Crazy...though it likely will be cheaper when on sale or BOGO...


I wish my window ledges were wider!  How cute would this look filled with a plant...on a sunny kitchen window?


And I swooned over this tray...it is really large...could make a great spot to set the Keurig, coffee mugs, etc....


I'm definitely picking up this adorable banner for my fireplace!  These hang perfectly across it...and I mean...three of my favourite things...dogs...pumpkins and red trucks!!  And they will definitely be going on sale...or I will use coupons...



A close up...cute or what?


And an adorable matching cushion!!  Oh I love me red trucks!!


I love these mats...but dislike the way they feel on the feet.  And if placed outside...once they get wet...they take forever to dry...but this one is adorable...



Today forecasts to be cooler...but sunny...a great day to do the front step.   Best time to stain it is in the morning....before the afternoon sun comes around and it gets really hot. 

Mr. Seventies had his second vaccine a few days ago....without any issues.  I receive mine later in the week...be very glad to have it.  Rules here are being relaxed a bit...with those fully vaccinated...masks are no longer required (unless a store or establishment has a mask policy still in place).  I noticed Michaels had their mask policy sign removed...yet everyone in the store...including the cashiers...wore masks.  It's going to take a little while I think for people to have confidence to go maskless.  They have become the norm I guess...

Wishing everyone an awesome day!!  Thanks so much for stopping by....


No comments:

Post a Comment