Followers

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Mid Week Catch Up

We have two coats of paint on the shutters...they are looking so nice!  We have more than enough paint to do a third coat...so will decide if they need another today.  The weather has been great for them to dry beautifully.

Yesterday...Miss Liesel had a dental cleaning...(an annual procedure).  Dachshunds are prone to periodontal disease...so keeping her gums and mouth healthy is very important,  It's hard to believe she will be seven the end of this month!  No extractions required...just a scaling & cleaning....she was a bit snoozy last evening...content to snuggle beside Mama...


We hope to refresh the back entry in the fall...always looking ahead!  Mr. Seventies is going to remove the vinyl flooring on the two steps and landing...and the reviews on these floor tiles is amazing...and I love the pattern!  I picked up four boxes (10 tiles per box)...to have ready.  I haven't chosen a paint colour...but have lots of time to decide...


This is a close up of the tile pattern...they are available on Amazon...but I picked them up at a hardware store close by...


I don't think I shared the lamps from Bed Bath & Beyond....they are so pretty.  The shades have a linen feel to them.  They are not as white as in the photo...but rather a cream colour...even here....the family room walls look green...they are not....but more of a darker gray/beige...


I popped into Home Sense over the weekend...not really looking for anything.  Found this pretty wreath...and love how it looks on my cabinet...


It's faux boxwood covered in baby's breath....and just the perfect size.  I'm crushing hard on these benches! I can just imagine one...in an entry...with baskets slid underneath for storage!  Oh what I would give for a bigger entry...


But such is life!  I'm very blessed and content with what I have. With the current costs of building materials and prices of homes sky rocketing out of control....I wouldn't want to be building or buying a home right now.  And yet..the amount of new construction happening in our neighbourhood is mind boggling!

So that's about everything from here!  Sun & cloud today...maybe get a start on painting the flower boxes.  Hope you have an awesome day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment